Senior DevOps Engineer
- Ensure high availability of a SaaS platform that is built primarily around Microsoft .NET tools and technologies.
- Work with development teams on transitioning to a Continuous Delivery process with automated build, test, and deployment.
- Create and maintain software build and deployment pipelines using Jenkins and PowerShell.
- Automate server provisioning using Chef and Ruby.
- Perform software releases to production and other client-facing environments.
- Debug and resolve application and middleware issues.
- Collaborate with development and other technology teams on requirements definition, capacity planning, and process refinement
- Adhere to existing operational processes and maintain operational documentation.
- Monitor industry trends and keep abreast of new tools and technologies.
- Contribute knowledge, skills, and personal qualities to a dedicated team of top engineers solving real-life problems in a bleeding-edge, high-performance, and high-traffic environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or equivalent diploma and/or certifications) with 3-5 years related experience.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Delivery including experience with tools such as Jenkins or Team City.
- Hands-on experience with a Distributed Version Control System such as Git or Mercurial.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of at least of the following programming languages: C#, Visual Basic, PowerShell, Java.
- Experience with common Microsoft .NET build, package, and deployment tools and such as MSBuild, MSDeploy, and NuGet.
- Experience scripting provisioning of servers, applications, and/or infrastructure in a production environment at scale.
- Knowledge of software development best practices and SDLC.
- Experience deploying high availability systems and software.
- Experience with troubleshooting distributed web applications in a production environment.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of IIS and Windows Server.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of SQL and NoSQL.
- Experience with a subset of RabbitMQ, Memcached, Redis, Microservices, Consul, Vagrant
- Experience with infrastructure as a code and platform as a service.
- Experience with configuration management tools Ex Chef, Ansible, Puppet.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]