Software Engineer, Test
As a Software Engineer, Test you will play a crucial role in the success of our company by contributing to, as well as driving, high-quality releases and value-delivery to our customers. In this role, you will be testing web-based applications and RESTful APIs to support our high-transaction and big-data SaaS applications. Your attention to detail, tenacity, creative problem-solving and forward thinking will directly impact the company's success, as well as the success of your peers across the organization. By following and evangelizing quality standards, as well as overall SDLC processes as they relate to quality, you will be able to affect meaningful change in the organization and help drive our culture to a quality and customer-first mentality.
- Create UI and API automation utilizing tools and frameworks already in place to ensure future automation coverage of all features.
- Independently, assess risk, suggest improvements, and follow mitigation strategies for projects with complex requirements, technical designs, dependencies, and data sets.
- Execute QA forensics and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, reported defects, and performance and scalability issues.
- In conjunction with leadership, execute on QA compliance objectives and appropriate metrics to measure success.
- Follow established quality standards, processes, and procedures to ensure the highest quality deliverables.
- Collaborate with QA, Product, and Engineering leadership, as well as other stakeholders, to ensure that all user stories, product definition, technical specifications, and acceptance criteria are clear and follow the established processes and standards.
- Author high-quality test plans and test cases.
- Partner with leadership, peers, and sister-teams throughout the organization to support meaningful change and adaptation, with a constant focus on improving the what and how of Quality within BlackLine.
- CS degree or equivalent preferred.
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience in Web Application, SaaS, and RESTful API testing.
- Intermediate understanding of programming languages, preferably Java and C#.
- 3 or more years of hands-on test automation development.
- 3 or more years of hands-on working experience in traditional OOP programming languages, specifically Java and/or C#.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL, including multi-table JOINs and stored procedures.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with engineers, product owners, and development managers.
- Full working knowledge and experience with the range of quality concepts and best practices (e.g. black, white, and gray-box testing; performance; bug-tracking; debugging tools, etc.).
- Experience working with big-data and/or high-transaction applications is a strong plus.
- Prior hands-on experience with tools such as Selenium or Cucumber are strongly preferred.
- Prior working experience in Agile, specifically SCRUM, is preferred.
- Experience testing mobile applications is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]