Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
We are a technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation. Work. Play. Grow. At BlackLine.
As an Integration Engineer, you will play a crucial role in delivering high quality Integration solutions to our customers by designing, developing, troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing and scaling BlackLine’s cloud-based backend services and driving innovation into our product suite.
In this role, you will research, test, benchmark and evaluate new technologies, propose scaling solutions, collaborate with other teams to define and build new solutions, optimize existing solutions while writing elegant code, and communicating with people at all levels. Your attention to detail, tenacity, and creative problem-solving and thinking ahead will directly impact the company's success, as well as the success of your peers across the organization.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where Developers are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, then we want to talk to you.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and delivering BlackLine’s Integration solutions, while adhering to timelines, coding standards, requirements, and quality.
- Develop client-facing features and architectural components to meet company demands. Implement, optimize, and follow software development techniques to ensure that delivered solutions meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including Product Management, Engineering and Implementation teams in an Agile development environment.
- Utilize problem solving skills to implement creative solutions to complex problems.
- Research, test, benchmark, and evaluate new tools and technologies, and recommend ways to implement them in product development.
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by proactively supporting good practices and habits and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code. Collaborate within the team on all aspects of development including participation in code reviews, developing functional and technical specifications and strategizing test plans.
- Proactively identify issues, bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concern or opportunity and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change by working with peers and leadership to build consensus and take action.
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience with software development in object-oriented programming
- Languages including but not limited to: C#, Java, C++.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases development, including stored procedures, data models, and transactional flows.
- Familiarity with optimization techniques, including multi-threading and concurrency.
- A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of software design and development.
- Experience with using Git / Jira / Confluence.
- Experience in Scrum, or other Agile development methodologies, is preferred.
- Experience of developing / debugging on Azure Multi-Tenant Platform.
- Familiarity with ERPs (SAP, Oracle, Netsuite or Microsoft) is a plus.
- Experience in building Web Applications, Web Services, SaaS products, and RESTful APIs is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to solve problems and think outside of the box.
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation, unit testing, and process improvements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]