BlackLine, a rapidly growing financial software company, is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Revenue Accounting team. The Senior Accountant is responsible for handling many day-to-day and month end tasks within the accounting department; including account reconciliations, data entry and management of accounting systems. This position requires a level of independent thinking and above average analytical skills to allow for high level problem-solving.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for creating and preparing various accounting related reports while working with other key personnel within the organization to assist in the design, implementation and ongoing management of analytical data from system tools, including but not limited to Zuora, SalesForce.com and NetSuite. This position will take on assignments as designated by the Sr Accounting Manager and be responsible for certain day to day tasks and financial preparation responsibilities within the finance and accounting department.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Prepare accurate, timely journal entries in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare flux and variance explanations as part of the monthly close process for assigned areas.
- Optimize processes and procedures for scalability.
- Provide support for the annual financial statement audit and SOX testing
- Play a key role in general process improvements.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Accounting Manager’s attention
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Assist in the department’s use of Salesforce, NetSuite and Zuora.
- Provide assistance in ad-hoc / special projects as required.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 4-5 years
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Ability to multitask, demonstrating excellent critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Someone with a proactive, self-directed approach, ability to think creatively and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]