Customer Success Guide 2
The Customer Success Guide II is passionate about helping customers adopt BlackLine products and realize their full potential and business value. Customer Success Guides play a crucial role in providing the right recommendations at the right time in the customer lifecycle, enabling customers to achieve real business value from their BlackLine subscriptionThe Customer Success Guide II delivers post-sales efforts to customers to support the On-Demand customer success strategy. They will engage with customers across all account segments, delivering 1: 1 programs including but not limited to answering customer questions via chat or email, directing customers to available documentation, videos, training, accelerators, etc. In addition, the Customer Success Guide II will deliver 1: many programs including Workshops, Webinars, and other BlackLine events. The Customer Success Guide II uses their expertise in the Company’s platform and products as well as their domain expertise to provide best practice deliverables to ensure the customer is receiving the value expected from their BlackLine subscription.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Deliver 1:1 Success Programs. to customers such as answering customer questions, directing customers to appropriate training, videos, accelerators, and documentation, etc. in the BlackLine Community.
- Deliver 1: Many Success Programs such as Workshops, Webinars, Coffee Breaks, etc.
- Present at the annual user conferences, Best Practice Summits, Modern Accounting Experience events, and other customer events as scheduled.
- Provide Best Practice Insight to customers on demand.
- Product Education
- Technical Advice
- Adoption Guidance
- Accelerate Feature Adoption – by providing 1 to 1 coaching, directing customers to the On Demand resources in the BlackLine Community. Responding to customer emails and questions with best practice guidance.
- Support Customer Success Teams with best practice research, in some cases acting as a Subject Matter Resource to provide answers to customer questions, etc.
- Answer clients’ platform, product and domain questions within the defined customer success program criteria and timeframes
- Educate clients on how existing and new product features and functionality work, and how it can contribute to achieving their business objectives
- Continually communicate BlackLine value to customer through the entire client journey
- Deliver actionable advice and expertise to customers regarding the features and usage of BlackLine’s solutions to attain product and license expansion and adoption optimization goals
- Keep current on all BlackLine solutions, including detailed product functionality becoming a Subject Matter Expert on at least two BlackLine solutions. Also includes understanding the art of the possible with the BlackLine platform
- Acts as a SME in BlackLine Reconciliations. Also acts as a SME in at least one other complex BlackLine solutions.
- Provide feedback to Product Management team related to new functionality requests and specifications
- Log client communication and document relevant activities within internal customer relationship management software and other tools as assigned.Show passion for BlackLine application and desire to enhance customer satisfaction
- Travel may be required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Years of Experience in Related Field: At least 3 years of functional/domain accounting experience in either accounting/auditing roles and/or in accounting/auditing/financial industry software solutions; At least 2 years of experience with BlackLine tools either from practical experience as a customer, as a BlackLine systems admin, or from working at BlackLine.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BlackLine Functional and/or Technical Expertise
- Updated knowledge of current accounting practices and changes in the industry
- Knowledge of Gainsight, Salesforce CRM, etc
- Solution/Process focused problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and high-pressure situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Highly process-oriented mindset, with a love of telling stories with data
- Consultative interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills with a natural comfortable passion for presenting
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with a natural curiosity and passion for learning
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Strong verbal and written professional communication skills
- Excellent listening and empathy skills
- Fluent in English
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]