Director of Software and Cloud Partnerships
An ideal candidate is a leader who will proactively drive Blackline’s partnership strategy, execution, and success with ISVs and Cloud providers. The role requires a strategic thinker who understands how ISV ecosystem can complement and extend Blackline, as well as the ability to leverage go-to-market and field-level relationships with key strategic partners.
The ideal candidate will have served in an Alliance role in a SaaS company, and ability to ramp up on Blackline products and technology. This leader also has experience working with enablement and marketing teams, and will work collaboratively, on a daily basis, with multiple organizations to drive the success of the partnerships globally across various functions.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Collaborate across BlackLine’s global Alliance organization, product management and development, sales, and marketing teams to develop the go-to-market approach with a strategic set of complementary ISV and Cloud partners. Key strategic partnerships include Google, Netsuite, and Microsoft D365.
- Define Blackline’s ISV partner program and processes that accelerate growth for BlackLine and the respective partners.
- Work hand-in-hand with product management to drive partners to build integrations and connectivity to Blackline’s Financial Close, Accounts Receivable and Intercompany Hub product platforms.
- Define customer use cases for business processes where ISV/Cloud partners can provide complementary solutions
- Recruit complementary ISVs to address adjacent product areas for the Record-to-Report Financial Automation process
- Work closely with executive leadership teams within Blackline and partners to ensure strategic corporate alignment and vision to drive the success of partners globally.
- Liaise with strategic partners to craft and execute on joint business plans and track success metrics
- Account mapping with handful of key strategic ISV/Cloud partners to identify net new opportunities and leverage the regional Field Alliance teams to facilitate teaming with partners.
- Provide enablement and pitches for both Blackline and partner field teams to help both teams understand the co-sell motion and respective value propositions
- Liaise with partner marketing to help drive joint marketing plans with key partners that include BlackLine-led and partner-led programs, driving awareness and demand generation aligned with the goals of the alliance.
- Collaborate with partner marketing on co-messaging and co-positioning around the partnerships for enablement, thought-leadership, and go-to-market assets
- Partner across BlackLine marketing to execute BlackLine’s participation at tradeshows and events hosted by a partner or attending with a partner
- Partner closely with Alliance counterparts in EMEA and APAC to keep partners engaged and regionalizing programs and assets when appropriate
- Manage co-funding budget execution and coordination for partner-owned marketing programs or activities
- Measure, assess and report out the effectiveness of the ISV/Cloud partnership
Years of Experience in Related Field: 10 years demonstrated experience in an Alliances/Channel role, or similar serving a growing alliance/channel partner ecosystem
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or a related field, MBA preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system and Marketo or other similar marketing automation platform, Kapost
- Experience working within partner portal platforms or similar partner service tools
- Availability to attend meetings outside of North America business hours when needed
- 20-30% travel
- 10+ years demonstrated experience in an Alliances partnership roles with ISV and Cloud providers
- Strategic thinker that ties strategies back to business case, BlackLine/Alliance goals and outcomes
- Presence and presentation skills that succinctly communicates key points in executive meetings and quarterly business reviews
- Ability to use data and insights to inform or build a business case
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills; ability to take initiative and juggle several projects at the same time to meet tight deadlines
- Exhibit a high level of drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, and professionalism
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Must be a team player and collaborate well across departments
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]