Senior Application Security Engineer
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. Blackline is looking for creative, polished Senior Application Security Engineer to join our team.
At BlackLine you'll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people. The ideal candidate will have strong mentorship skills, while being excited to find solutions and a willingness to hold themselves accountable for the best results in all areas.
If you are self-motivated, passionate about hunting down results and enjoy researching best possible outcomes utilizing best industry practices, this is the place for you.
**This will be an onsite fulltime position in our Woodland Hills, CA office. **
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Influence action in your peers, leading horizontally as well as vertically
- Identify risks and areas of exposure in applications developed and/or used by BlackLine.
- Perform security reviews of source code, stored procedures, and server/service configurations.
- Define and document application security requirements for BlackLine applications.
- Oversee development of security components throughout all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Perform manual and automated security testing of BlackLine applications.
- Monitor application logs and audit trails.
- Monitor industry trends and threat landscape and recommend necessary controls or countermeasures.
- Recommend and lead projects to improve the application security risk management posture at BlackLine at large.
- Educate developers on secure coding techniques and security best practices.
- Participate in development of security policies, standards, and processes.
- Participate in incident handling and perform application-related forensics activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of hands-on application security experience, strong emphasis on prior development experience.
- Intermediate proficiency with C/C++ or Java. Experience with lower-level languages (Assembly), debug and reverse-engineering tools (IDA, etc.) is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of common application vulnerabilities, (e.g.: XSS, CSRF, SQL injection, cookie/header/encoding manipulation, input/output validation, session replay).
- Hands-on development experience and thorough understanding of object-oriented programming, preferably Java, C#, ASP.NET
- Advanced knowledge of web application technologies, MVC, Ajax, XML, JSON, SOA, SSL, web-related protocols and services.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS SQL. Basic knowledge of other commonly used DBMS.
- Strong experience with devops in public cloud and “big data” storage, databases, and APIs such as BigQuery, vSQL, etc.
- Ability to identify security vulnerabilities from static, dynamic and interactive testing tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of encryption technologies, secure communications, and secure credentials management.
- Advanced experience with at least one scripting language (e.g.: Perl, Python)
- Intimate familiarity with web application testing tools (eg: Burp, Parox, Fiddler, mitmproxy, Havij, netcat). Ability to write proof-of-concept exploits is a big plus.
- Ability to define application security requirements and build secure web application solutions.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills including ability to present technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate in a team and work independently.
- Conceptual understanding of software development principles and SDLC models, Agile experience is a plus.
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Windows and Linux operating systems knowledge at advanced user level.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]