Staff Software Engineer
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in building the next generation of BlackLine application. You will be driving innovation into our product suite by designing, developing, troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing and scaling cloud-based applications and services. In addition to being a hands-on engineer, you will also lead and mentor other engineers in the team.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where developers are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, we would love to talk to you.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in requirements analysis, design, effort estimation, development, testing and delivery of highly scalable and secure distributed backend services.
- Work with product management, architects and other engineering teams to understand stated and unstated needs and turn them into functional and technical
- Maintain a strong sense of business value and return on investment in planning, design, and communication.
- Lead technical design and architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions while making appropriate trade-offs on technology, functionality, robustness, performance and extensibility.
- Estimate the project scope and timelines, and consistently deliver on those
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that the delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Research, test, benchmark, and evaluate new tools and technologies, and recommend ways to implement them in product
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by establishing good practices and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure
- Inspire a forward-thinking team of developers, acting as an agent of change and evangelist for a quality-first culture within the organization.
- Mentor and coach team members, guide them to solutions on complex design issues and do peer code reviews.
- Proactively identify issues, bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concerns or opportunities and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours
Years of Experience in Related Field:
6+ years of professional experience in building Web scale highly available multi-tenant SaaS with focus on backend platform, frameworks, RESTful APIs and microservices.
3+ years of experience with a public cloud (Azure, GCP and AWS) and solid understanding of cloud-native services.
Education: BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert in one or more object-oriented programming languages (C# + either Python or Java).
- Demonstrable experience with Azure serverless
- Fluent in SQL, data modeling and transactional
- A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of writing high concurrency, multi-threaded, secure, scalable code.
- Proven experience in working with one or more services such as API gateway, identity management, authentication, messaging (Kafka or RabbitMQ), workflow orchestration, job scheduling and
- Experience as a technical lead for design, architecture and code review of highly scalable distributed systems and event driven
- Superior analytical, problem-solving and system level performance analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
- Experience working in an Agile development
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation, unit testing, and process improvements.
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code. Good knowledge of internet security issues in software design and code.
- Open source contributor.
- Proficient with ERP (SAP, Oracle, Netsuite or Microsoft) platforms.
- Experience with data integration and ETL
- FinTech or Financial services domain background.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]