Senior Database Administrator
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
A Senior Database Administrator at BlackLine plays a vital role in managing data platform while continually driving forward improvements, optimizations, and automation.
As a member of the Cloud Data Services team, you will be involved in the planning, deployment, and maintenance of the data platform, including troubleshooting issues, security, and access controls. You will collaborate with other teams on crucial projects to drive growth, to improve controls and processes, to reduce overhead and complexity. This includes automation, performance optimizations, delivery, stability, and security of the services, systems, and databases we use.
In this role, we are looking for people who are team players, passionate about their areas of expertise, and constantly striving to learn and improve, not just in the sense of their own skills, but also in growing and sharing with peers day-by-day. If you are someone who strives for excellence in all that they do, a go-getter, and a creative problem solver, then we want to talk to you.
A successful candidate must possess solid troubleshooting skills, critical thinking skills, and have experience supporting large scale database operations. SaaS and Public Cloud experience is very desirable.
- Ensure 99.99%+ availability of the services and infrastructure across private and public clouds to provide expected uptime to Blackline Customers
- Work is project-oriented, and employee must define actual tasks. Understand company goals and practices and apply them in performance of job responsibilities. Receive only general instructions on new work. Perform necessary tasks to deliver against committed project timelines
- Manage Relational Databases at multiple product lifecycle stages and environments, including research, development, mission-critical production systems, etc.
- Manage NoSQL Databases at multiple product lifecycle stages and environments, including research, development, mission-critical production systems, etc.
- Configure and maintain database systems and related processes, including monitoring, system health, and performance to ensure high performance, availability, and security
- Independently, or in collaboration with peers, analyze, and resolve issues in real-time, providing end-to-end problem-solving and improvements. Conduct root cause analyses.
- Provide off-hours support, including a 24/7 on-call rotation; Respond to and troubleshoot incidents.
- Adhere to the change management and other established processes and procedures
- Assist and support Engineering staff with performance tuning and optimizations, supporting the delivery of high-quality value and features to Blackline’s customers
- Refine, automate, and advocate for automation, standardized processes, issue tracking, change management, and process improvement
- Implement, optimize, and regularly test backup and recovery plans for databases, including Disaster Recovery
- Perform critical scheduled maintenance, deployment, and release support activities
- Participate in various POC’s
- Create and Maintain documentation as well as operational knowledge base. Share knowledge with peers and other functional teams
- Proactively identify issues, bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concern or opportunity and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change by working with peers and leadership in building consensus and taking action
- 6 or more years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- 4 or more years implementing operational automation via scripting (i.e., PowerShell, BASH, SQL, etc.) is required
- 5 or more years successfully working in Hybrid (Physical, Virtualized and Private Cloud) environments are required
- 3 or more years working in high-transaction data environments is required
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL is required
- Strong experience working with and maintaining data backup and recovery strategies
- Strong experience working with and maintaining high-availability and disaster recovery strategies
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools and techniques, including complex queries as well as procedure and indexing strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, including ability to effectively communicate with audiences of various levels and backgrounds
- Adaptable team-player with a focus on results and value delivery
- Able to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment is required
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and organizational skills are required
- 1 or more years of deploying and managing NoSQL (MongoDB) is a plus
- 1 or more years of deploying and managing PostgreSQL is a plus
- ETL experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT, Computer Science preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]