Regional Manager, Business Development
The Regional Leader of Business Development will oversee all activities of an internal team of BlackLine’s Business Development Reps within an assigned Region. This individual is a people leader, responsible for the day-to-day management and adherence to established best practices for their BDR team. This individual is a high performer and individually self-motivated. They encourage and push their team to perform to the best of their ability, modeling best practices when needed. This individual reports to the Geo Leader of Business Development and works with their other geo leaders and cross-functionally with Sales and Marketing counterparts. This individual is responsible for furthering and maintaining the two primary Business Development team objectives: fulfilling their regional portion of the Sales and Marketing contract and creating a team of high performing BDRs to be a recognized talent pool within BlackLine. This position regularly communicates with RVPs in Sales, and the respective regional Marketing Programs manager.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Conducts interviews and partners with Geo Leader, Talent Acquisition, and HRBP regarding hiring decisions, candidate pool feedback, and interview activity.
- Oversees the progression of BDRs through the BDR Matrix to ensure skill growth and team development. Partners with Geo Leader and HRBP regarding Performance Improvement Plan execution and termination decisions.
- Lead regional team meetings on a weekly/more frequent basis to reinforce key organizational topics and promote best practices
- Guides, coaches, and drives team to achieve regionally set Qualified Meeting (QM) targets from the Sales and Marketing Contract on a Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual basis
- Manages and maintains regional BDR Metrics. Including, but not limited to:
- Inbound lead follow-up
- Outbound target tracking
- Call and Email activity
- Marketing Campaign follow-up and participation
- Scheduled pipeline Meetings
- Educates and reinforces technology best practices for the team; ensures appropriate technology use and makes recommendations for new tools if needed.
- Delivers training both in a group setting and 1:1 to both refresh knowledge and use of existing and new technologies
- Partners cross-functionally with associated RVPs and marketing counter parts to implement decided upon tactics and ensure successful participation by the BDRs to support regional revenue generating activities.
- Works with Enablement to onboard and train new hires: BDR and Interns
- Provides hands on training and reinforcement of tactics both in 1:1 and group settings
- Tracks the performance of their assigned team using Tableau and SFDC within the pre-determined framework
- Along with Geo leader, identifies areas of opportunity to improve performance of the team and individuals as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience in Related Field: At least 12 months as a BL BDR, or At least 2 years of experience managing a team of early career employees. Ideally at least 2 years of experience in a business development, sales, or recruiting role
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Outreach and Salesforce from previous experience with these tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel reporting skills such as building charts and graphs
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to tailor messaging to the audience (team, external partners, executives)
- Have a high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, and professionalism.
- Must have an aptitude for leadership
- Ability to guide and motivate employees, through both direct and indirect methods
- Goal oriented at both an individual and team level.
- Be a self-starter with solid organizational and planning skills.
- Must be open minded and have a willingness to learn.
- Must be highly motivated and outgoing with excellent inter-personal skills.
- Have some accounting knowledge (degree or job experience).
- Former Senior BDR
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]