Product Marketing Director
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Work, Play, and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and is always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
The Product Marketing Director leads the collaboration and execution across GTM teams to convey BlackLine’s unique value for companies running Oracle ERPs. This is an important leadership role that could be called “mini-CMO” responsible for driving market success among companies running one of the world’s most used ERPs, an area that is critical to BlackLine’s continued growth and market expansion. This person is skilled at building relationships across an entire organization with sales, marketing, product management, solutions management, implementations, customer success, and BlackLine’s executive management team to deliver market-moving outcomes. From managing influencing product roadmap and driving product launches to defining differentiated value-based messaging and enabling sales, this exciting role is for one of the key leaders and contributors on BlackLine’s global GTM team.
- Developing a thorough understanding of BlackLine’s applications, markets, competitors, and client/user needs
- Defining and crafting compelling product positioning & messaging for BlackLine’s solutions for a customer running Oracle including crafting your product’s story
- Author strategic messaging for sales, marketing, strategic alliances, value architecture, and business development
- Managing product launches driving alignment across the organization for existing and new solutions
- Serving as a lead solution evangelist and public speaker and own content for live events globally for both internal and external activities
- Conducting customer and market research to guide creation and delivery of sales and marketing collateral
- Analyzing and optimizing campaigns and products to ensure continued success and growth
- Leading and creating content marketing initiatives such as white papers, ebooks, blog posts, landing pages, email copy, etc.
- Managing the web presence for customers running Oracle ensuring our message is clear and differentiated, and drives measurable web traffic/activity
- Influencing the future of BlackLine solutions for customers running Oracle and helping guide product roadmap initiatives
Marketing Leadership & Execution
- Providing mission-critical positioning, messaging, and storytelling information to improve the impact of campaigns – email, PPC, social, PR, etc.
- Creating content (case studies, brochures, fact sheets, white papers, presentations, website text etc.) to be used for a variety of audiences and target segments highlighting BlackLine strengths, features, and benefits
- Arming Marketing with key market, persona, and segmentation data so they can deliver highly targeted campaigns that convert, and enabling their optimization of the marketing funnel to provide high-quality leads
- Interviewing customers (and occasionally supplying them) for case study development
- Providing customer-driven feedback on how marketing activity can be improved
- Leading analyst relations discussions on AR Automation solutions with Analyst Relations teams
Strategic Sales Guidance & Support
- Equipping the Sales team with collateral (like battlecards, product sheets, and sales scripts) so they’re able to deliver stronger pitches with shorter sales cycles
- Collaborating with Sales Enablement on delivering product training – Including the product’s specifications, positioning, pricing, benefits, etc.
- Providing key learnings and feedback to help make all sales reps top performers
- Helping them personalize their pitches to various personas, segments, and markets, so every sales conversation is relevant
- Conducting market research and competitive analysis and recommend positioning and programs to reach new customers
Product/Solution Management Influence & Collaboration
- Fuelling Product teams with prospect and customer insights so they know what people do and don’t like, what there’s a demand for, how users are using the product, and more
- Ensuring all releases are tied to organizational goals
- Fine-tuning existing products based on customer feedback to ensure ongoing usage and revenue
- Helping to build out product roadmaps and bringing fresh ideas to the table
Customer Success Guidance & Support
- Providing in-depth data on things like a customer’s goals, pain-points, drivers, traits, and so on, so they can provide tailored conversations
- Ensuring their Customer Success colleagues are armed with everything they need to successfully handle complaints and objections
- Equipping customer success with the collateral and training need to up or cross-sell products
- Providing customer-driven feedback on how their processes can be improved
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years in cloud F&A software field, especially Enterprise Performance Management, Financial Close, Consolidation, Planning, or similar
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Marketing or a role-related field
- Enterprise Performance Management, especially previous experience with Oracle EPM solution
- ERP, especially previous experience with Oracle ERP solutions
- Financial Close
- Financial Planning & Analysis
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- Experience working with Oracle solutions including EBS, Fusion, ARCS, FCCS, EPRCS
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thoughts and perspectives.
- A company that believes in providing the best possible service to its clients and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]