BlackLine’s Product Management group drives product design and strategy across BlackLine’s entire suite of solutions, manages the product backlog and roadmap, and leverages deep product, market, and competitive knowledge in support of other teams throughout BlackLine. The Solution Management team, which is part of the Product group, is responsible for representing Product externally to the rest of BlackLine as well as to customers: outbound to support communication of BlackLine solutions to go-to-market teams and to customers, and inbound to understand, prioritize and communicate the needs of customers back to the Product team to influence the product roadmap and strategy. The Solution Manager in this group will participate in solution positioning and strategy by working closely with our internal team of Product Managers, customers, partners, and customer/partner-facing teams to define and build solutions. This role will help define the customer/market unmet needs, customer research, and help drive action throughout the organization.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the organization on accounting solutions and how they should interact directly with BlackLine to form an integrated and complete solution. This includes what use cases/solutions our products provide, their capabilities, and their potential impact in the market.
- Create and deliver GTM Training and Enablement collateral related to quarterly Product Releases for all internal customers including SC, Sales, CSM/SIM, Partner Enablement, Services, Support and Customer Experience.
- Translate information from across the organization, partners, and customers into cohesive decisions, training, and enablement
- Effectively communicate and advocate solution strategy and vision, as well as goals and objectives for specific initiatives to all levels of the organization, including executive leadership
- Craft effective go-to-market & product strategies; work closely with pre-and post-sales and Production Marketing
- Create and manage supporting collateral including strategic plans, business cases, marketing plans, and appropriate functional support plans
- Participate in customer events and workshops, such as user conference, best practice summits, partner advisory boards, and customer advisory boards
- Perform other duties as needed
Years of Experience in Related Field:
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Manager in Accounting Manager/Controller and/or Solution Manager or similar roles for SaaS companies
- Deep understanding of BlackLine products including integration aspects and best practices
- Customer facing experience implementing, training, and enabling and supporting customer facing teams and partner enablement
Education: Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field or CPA designation is preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to leverage research/data to support sound decisions
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve tension, motivate a team, and mentor teammates
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to influence without authority
- Segmenting markets, identifying target customers, and uncovering customer needs
- Deep understanding of product management methodologies, best-practices, and processes preferred
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field or CPA designation
- Deep understanding of accounting & finance workflows, and a deep understanding of the software market for accounting and finance
- Familiarity with market and organizational elements of both SaaS and Enterprise-scale Software
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands are required. This role does require travel to meet with clients, attend industry events, or support BlackLine-sponsored events.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]