Staff Software Engineer Test - Integration Platform
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
BlackLine SaaS is the system of interaction for finance and accounting teams and it integrates with numerous ERPs, CRMs, Payment systems, Point of Sale systems and other applications. As a Staff Software Engineer Test, you will play a crucial role in testing our next generation highly scalable, secure, extensible, reliable and self-service integration platform. You will be key to the success of our company by contributing to, as well as driving high-quality releases and value-delivery to our customers.
You will play the role of architecting innovative technical testing solutions that drive automation across the entire QE organization as well as automating tests for web-based applications and APIs. This is a transformational role requiring exceptional technical, communication and collaboration skills. In addition to being a hands-on engineer, you will also lead and mentor other engineers in the team.
By following and evangelizing quality standards, as well as overall SDLC processes as they relate to quality, you will be able to affect meaningful change in the organization and help drive our culture to a quality and customer-first mentality.
You’ll Get To:
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in requirements analysis, design, effort estimation, testing and delivery of highly scalable and secure distributed backend services.
- Work with product management, architects and Engineering teams to understand stated and unstated requirements and turn them into test strategy.
- Provide thoughtful leadership on the design, implementation, and success of comprehensive performance tests and associated metrics
- Estimate the project scope and timelines, and consistently deliver on those commitments
- Maintain a strong sense of business value and return on investment in planning, testing and communication
- Provide strong end-to-end leadership contribution in the definition and building of automation frameworks and continued push for providing value
- Identify and assess risks and develop mitigation steps and processes to be put in place for projects, while collaborating on technical designs, dependencies management, and efficacy of valid test data to ensure successful and high-quality deliverables.
- Exhibit strong technical leadership, training and mentorship to other QE Engineers as the QE discipline and team grows, acting as an agent of change for a quality-first culture within the organization.
- Consult on automation tools/techniques, feasibility and implementation, process improvements as well as maintenance plans.
- Execute Quality Engineering (QE) forensics and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, and performance and scalability issues.
- Demonstrable top-quality experience with integration, performance, regression, stress, and acceptance testing with a focus on API applications.
- Author high-quality test plans, test cases, and supporting documentation.
- Grow and evolve the testing processes to ensure tests are customer-like and representative of real-world scenarios
- Collaborate with Operations leadership, as well as other stakeholders, to ensure that all technical specifications are clear and follow the established processes and standards.
- Partner with Network, Database, Ops, InfoSec and other teams in evaluating performance issues and solutions
What You’ll Bring:
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or related disciplines
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in Web Application, SaaS, and RESTful API testing.
- 7 or more years of hands-on test automation development, with experience building a test automation suite from the ground up.
- 7 or more years of hands-on working experience in traditional OOP programming languages, specifically C# (with .NET core and NUnit / XUnit / MSTest).
- Experience in testing integration solutions for batch, API and event driven architectures.
- Strong working experience with microservices, data streaming and ETL that power complex, large scale distributed applications.
- Experience with testing various integration patterns, styles and technologies and API gateway.
- Deep understanding of both technical and non-technical requirements for enterprise SaaS at scale in the areas of system performance, scalability, latency, reliability and security.
- Strong testing experience with cloud native/cloud first applications in a cloud environment such as Google Cloud, AWS and Azure
- Experience with Performance test development and Continuous Integration (CI) tools
- Strong ownership, pride of work, and ability to take things across the finish line.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, including stored procedures, data models, and transactional flows is required
- Experience with integration platforms, such as Informatica, Boomi or MuleSoft preferred
- Familiar with ERPs (SAP, Oracle, Netsuite or Microsoft).
- FinTech or Financial services domain background.
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]