Product Manager I
At BlackLine, our success hinges on developing and maintaining industry-leading business solutions that hundreds of thousands of users across the world rely upon. A key success component is the highly collaborative and market-facing nature of our Product Management team. Product Management is responsible for guiding products through the software development lifecycle including analyzing, positioning, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to both new and existing customers. They work closely with creative and talented engineers, designers, and marketers to help design and develop solutions that improve companies overall financial close process.
As Product Manager, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the business and technical worlds. From leveraging new and existing technologies to diving deep into feedback from some of the most recognized brands in the world, you will create buy-in for product vision across internal and external stakeholders that includes customers and partners alike. The ideal Product Manager is a customer-/market- oriented person with strong product and project management skills, solid technical understanding and great personal skills for coordination with engineering teams and partner teams across the globe.
- Partner with Engineering, Architecture, and Product Design teams to define technical and user interface requirements
- Work closely with Agile-based teams to ensure incremental and net new features/products align with product vision and market demands
- Translate business needs into product requirements that provide clear, concise, and prioritized direction to the Engineering team
- Strong analytical skills to define and understand data and metrics to influence product roadmaps and priorities
- Perform market, competitor, and customer research to identify and capitalize on industry trends, new technology, and regulatory/compliance changes
- Ensure BlackLine solutions promote simplification, accuracy, and an increasingly higher level of productivity for users
- Solicit and track feature requests from various internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain and prioritize product roadmap and backlog, ensuring that new features and products are consistently refined and validated
- Help manage and share product knowledge via BlackLine Community, release notes, internal training, and customer webinars
- Participate in sales and marketing activities including customer roundtables, sales demonstrations, customer advisory board, and user conferences
- Serve as a subject matter expert on BlackLine core system modules including assisting with internal training, Support team education, and product marketing efforts.
- 1-2 years of product management experience with 2-4 years enterprise software involvement
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/business or related technical fields, or equivalent work experience with enterprise Office of Finance applications or accounting firms
- Proficient with Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Strong familiarity with enterprise Cloud applications and related technical infrastructure (distributed systems, APIs, licensing models, accessibility, data import/export)
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to gather and transform business requirements and market needs into successful product strategy inputs (Design Thinking experience a plus)
- Develop roadmap priorities, create user stories, and maintain/refine the product backlog
- Work closely with both business and technical resources
- Collaborate across multiple internal stakeholder teams (CloudOps, InfoSec, AppSec) to gather and rank competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with agile enablement applications (Jira and Productboard preferred)
- 10-20% travel to customers and company/industry events as required
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]