BlackLine is currently seeking an experienced UI Architect. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing architectures and leading design of complex applications’ UI and capabilities to address complex business issues, as well as providing technical leadership within the Engineering team. The ideal applicant will thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process. This is an excellent career opportunity for a professional with an impressive data architecture and design background that possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
- Define core UI architecture for BlackLine’s global accounting services.
- Work closely with Product, UX and Engineering teams to build a roadmap to refresh existing products UI and their evolution toward modern architecture and frameworks.
- Lead development of the web components library and coordinate its adoption.
- Participate in the architecture review and technology governance process.
- Provide UI architecture and design consulting to all engineering teams.
- Develop and maintain key UI-related standards, best practices, and guidelines.
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to Engineering teams
- Coach and mentor engineers.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to simplify and accelerate innovation.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; MS preferred
- Expert knowledge of mobile applications technologies, native and cross platform, e.g. React Native.
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and Agile software development process.
- Knowledge of automated testing including unit and functional testing.
- 15+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in software and UI development with a variety of languages, databases, data processing tools.
- 6-8+ years’ experience designing and delivering large scale enterprise systems.
- Familiarity with UI security.
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.