Call Center Agent: Gateway Arch ($13.75/hr)
The Gateway Arch is looking for applicants that possess exceptional communication and guest service skills in order to convey information regarding the Gateway Arch and the other surrounding riverfront attractions to our guests. As a call center agent, you will provide valuable information to our guests while cross-selling and up-selling attractions such as the Tram Ride to the Top and cruises on the Riverboats at the Gateway. Please see below for further information on position expectations, skills, and requirements.
- Always have a positive, friendly, and approachable demeanor while having fun!
- Continually exceed guests’ expectations by always having a guest first attitude.
- Be prompt and accountable when you are scheduled to work.
- Follow the dress code by making sure your attire is business casual.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the Gateway Arch and National Park Service.
- Avoid dying hair unnatural colors (pink, blue, green, etc.).
- Maintain a professional appearance (no visible tattoos or piercings).
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must pass drug and alcohol screening.
- Must pass basic background check.
- Must pass math proficiency questionnaire (located on employee application).
- Must have weekend and holiday availability.
- Must have previous computer experience (i.e. proficient in relevant computer applications, data entry and typing).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Enthusiastic tone of voice and appropriate phone etiquette
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Active listening to ensure full attention is given to guests and their current needs
- Ability to cross-sell and up-sell Gateway Arch attractions
- Detail-oriented when entering and updating customer information
- Ability to manage and resolve customer complaints effectively and efficiently
- Ability to learn all products and services of the Gateway Arch and Riverboats at the Gateway Arch
- Ability to sit for 3 continuous hours and up to 9 hours a day
- All employees receive a FREE Metro Transit pass. Good for unlimited rides on MetroLink and MetroBus.
- New employees receive two free tickets, for you and a guest, to the St. Louis Riverfront Cruise. Tickets cannot be sold or given away.
- New employees enjoy buy one ticket get one free discount for the Skyline Dinner Cruise.
Typical Summer Season (Memorial Day to Labor Day) Hours of Operation are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Typical Winter Season (Labor Day to Memorial Day) Hours of Operation are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
Busiest Times of the Year:
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Fourth of July
- Last 2 weeks in July
- First 2 weeks in August
- Labor Day Weekend
- Thanksgiving Weekend
- Christmas through New Year's Eve
*It is important to note that although we attempt to be as flexible as possible in scheduling, it is difficult to receive time off around holidays.
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.