Finance Support and Project Manager
Full-time employment opportunity with a dynamic and multi-faceted resource for economic development in the St. Louis region.
Since 1950, we have partnered with private and public organizations on hundreds of projects that have created thousands of jobs on both sides of the Mississippi River.
BSD operates with a focus on making a positive impact on the region and the nation, better connecting the Bi-State area to the rest of the world. We are impacting neighborhoods, large and small, in Illinois and in Missouri, with investments that are shaped by our unique perspective of the region and its potential.
Why Work Here
- Work for a company that strives to make a positive impact in the region
- Earn competitive salary
- Gym Discounts with Club Fitness and OneLife Fitness at Ballpark Village
- 24 hour access to our 9 onsite gyms
- Wellness program that provides free health screenings
- Discounted Cell Phone service
- Free MetroLink and MetroBus access
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage effective on your 1st day
- 4 weeks earned PTO
- Your Birthday is a floating holiday
- Company sponsored 401k plan
- Employee assistance program
- Bi-State Development is an eligible employer for the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program
This position is the point of contact for the CFO. The mission is to effectively coordinate Finance meetings, calendars, the annual review of policies and procedures, and the deliverables required to meet all internal, external, state, agency and federal deadlines. Maintains and updates financial information as required on websites and in a shared drive. Provides a high level of administrative support to the CFO and Financial management.
- Schedules Finance meetings, conference calls and virtual meetings, prepares agendas, take notes, and ensures deliverables are provided to the CFO or appropriate management.
- Schedules, coordinates and follows up on collection of information from various internal and external sources for multiple internal, external, and federal audits, quarterly budget meetings, funding partners and Board meetings, credit rating agencies and disclosure requirements to municipal security websites, and Agency financings.
- Coordinates annual review of policies and procedures, sets meetings for discussion, and updates changes.
- Handles and maintains confidentiality of sensitive materials and information to assist accounting, budget and treasury with the preparation of a variety of narrative reports using spreadsheets and word processing. Reviews materials for accuracy and with exceptional attention to detail identifying necessary changes.
- Assists with Treasury function as needed to maintain proper internal controls.
- Manages gift card incentive program.
- Manages titles for Agency vehicles and orders license plates for new vehicles.
- Works with marketing staff to coordinate deliverables for ACFR (Annual Comprehensive Financial Report) and budget.
- Works with IT department to ensure Finance staff has appropriate access to all Finance systems.
- Maintains and manages Finance department calendar for important due dates and Management absences.
- Approves payroll for Finance Management staff.
- Maintains files on shared drive and in hard copy as needed for Finance department.
- Manages content and updates Finance website with quarterly and annual reporting.
- Arranges travel and accommodations for Finance management staff.
- Prepares expense reports for executive card expenses and travel.
- Receives, opens and distributes mail.
- Orders office supplies and other department materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to manage competing demands in a high pressure, fast paced, ever-changing environment with a high degree of responsibility
- Ability to use critical thinking to analyze problems and actively work to find solutions;
- Ability and flexibility to establish and handle multiple and changing work priorities, meet deadlines, and anticipate future responsibilities;
- Able to handle highly confidential and sensitive materials and situations;
- Ability to provide a high level of attention to detail and extraordinary organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability and confidence to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of individuals at all levels in the Agency
- Demonstrate experience in identifying and analyzing problems, utilizing good judgment and decision making skills in difficult situations;
- Excellent technical skills; computer skills in the use of MS Office software;
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated; ability to work independently, and as needed to meet CFO’s schedule.
Degree: Formal business education - BS/BA degree desirable
Years: Minimum of five years of experience providing administrative support to senior/executive level management.
Finance experience preferred
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.