Customer Service Representative
Performs other miscellaneous duties in the Customer Service section not specifically mentioned below. Such duties may include managing information booth, inauguration of new services, relief duties, bus rider-ship and additional special projects, etc.
- Knowledge of the St. Louis Metropolitan area, highway/street network and local landmarks.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions.
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 wpm.
- Ability to learn, apply and convey information about the Metro transit system, its fare structure and operating policies/procedures with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to determine efficient routing and scheduling options for customers using specialized computer software.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a centralized call center to meet customer needs with a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, use of good judgment, concentrate on the task at hand and perform detailed work.
- Ability to answer a high volume of phone calls under occasionally stressful conditions.
- Ability to analyze customer issues and problem-solve for customers in a positive and courteous manner.
- Ability to seek assistance as needed as well as to demonstrate initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and understandably (primarily orally) with Metro internal and external customers and Agency staff.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and respond positively to supervisory direction.
- Ability to make simple mental mathematical computations and tabulations accurately and with reasonable speed.
- Ability to adjust to changes in work hours.
- Ability to legibly address envelopes to mail schedules, timetable and maps to customers.
- Ability to be a team player, work under pressure and adjust quickly to changes in established policies and procedures.
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.