Transit Security Specialist
Full-time employment opportunity with a dynamic and multi-faceted resource for economic development in the St. Louis region.
Since 1950, we have partnered with private and public organizations on hundreds of projects that have created thousands of jobs on both sides of the Mississippi River.
BSD operates with a focus on making a positive impact on the region and the nation, better connecting the Bi-State area to the rest of the world. We are impacting neighborhoods, large and small, in Illinois and in Missouri, with investments that are shaped by our unique perspective of the region and its potential.
- Work for a company that strives to make a positive impact in the region
- Earn competitive salary
- Free access to 9 gyms at our facilities 24/7 with Personal Trainers available
- Discounted memberships with Club Fitness
- Wellness program that provides free health screenings
- Discounted cellular phone service
- Free MetroLink and MetroBus access
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage effective on your 1st day
- 4 weeks earned PTO
- Your Birthday is a floating holiday
- Company sponsored 401(k plan
- Employee assistance program
- Eligible for federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program
Works closely with Metro Transit management supervisory staff, local law enforcement and contract security partners; to ensure the safety and security of Metro Transit customers and employees. Conducts proactive assignments of transit operating areas of responsibilities, prioritizing customer engagement, administering rules of conduct, administrative policies, procedures and transit code violations.
- Communicates and support of organizational goals through actions, verbalized and written words; interact effectively with individuals and groups at all levels and from multi-cultural backgrounds. Maintains relationships with a variety of working partners and organizations.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Metro Transit policies, rules, regulations, and laws; stays abreast of legal regulatory policy developments affecting areas of responsibility; enforces requirements fairly and impartially.
- Represents a strong philosophy of customer service, problem solving and Metro brand representation.
- Provides a visible presence in Metro Transit’s areas of operation, which prioritizes safety and security. Remains vigilant in proactive efforts including foot and vehicle patrols of Metro transit properties and modes of transportation service.
- Responds to situations requiring transit security, emergency and customer assistance.
- Investigates incidents and accidents affecting the safety and security of Metro Transit’s customers and employees. Regular information sharing with law enforcement and contract security is essential.
- Conducts fare enforcement and interacts with customers to increase fare compliance.
- Attends training in areas related to transit safety and security, as well as operations.
- Will be required to intervene in dangerous activities on the Metro Transit System, summonsing law enforcement when needed.
- Manages all security logistical deployments within assigned zones.
- Will be required to work nights, holidays, weekends, special events on an as needed.
Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities
- Strong customer service philosophy.
- Detail-oriented and possess keen observation skills.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Integrity and moral fitness.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Able to react appropriately in emergency and high stress situations.
- Able to anticipate, identify, and solve problems.
- Strong judgement and decision-making skills.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Flexible to work different schedules.
- Ability to qualify with and carry firearms as needed (does not serve in a law enforcement capacity), electronic control devices, and other specialized equipment to include pepper spray and (ASP) collapsible batons.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and a psychological exam.
- Strong behavioral skills, assertiveness and positive attitude.
- Ability to competently use computer and electronics.
- Exercising confident communication and writing skills.
- Current and valid driver license with a safe driving record.
- No disqualifying criminal history.
Degree: High School Diploma or G.E.D required. Two-year college degree / 60 credit hours desirable. Transit experience with safety/security certifications a plus
Years: Two (2) years of either enforcement activities, security, or military experience. Code enforcement experience desired. Ability to obtain an Armed St. Louis Metropolitan Security License if required
Field: Transit Public Safety and Security
Field: Customer service related field dealing with difficult and stressful situations. Consideration to training delivery background
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.