Since 1950, we have partnered with private and public organizations on hundreds of projects that have created thousands of jobs on both sides of the Mississippi River.
BSD operates with a focus on making a positive impact on the region and the nation, better connecting the Bi-State area to the rest of the world. We are impacting neighborhoods, large and small, in Illinois and in Missouri, with investments that are shaped by our unique perspective of the region and its potential.
- Assist customers with service requests, reservations, cancellations, complaints and various trip-related issues.
- Establish efficient routing and scheduling for customers using telephone and specialized computer software.
- Comply with transportation contractual agreements for Medicaid and DMH clients, and numerous other private contracts.
- Print and prepare driver paddles for service
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of street geography and metropolitan St. Louis, as well as St. Louis County.
- Knowledge of automated reservation and scheduling systems, map book usage, and use of Metro multi-modal transportation systems.
- Knowledge of personal computers, Windows 2013 environment, and Office 2013 programs.
- Touch typing at least 30 words per minute.
- Ability to recognize service zones and apply Metro fare structure and policies and procedures.
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with Paratransit staff, the general public, and various service agencies, caseworkers, and outside providers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions while answering a high volume of phone calls.
- Ability to analyze and make decisions and problem-solve for customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer and driver information.
Degree: High school graduate or equivalent required.
Years: One (1) to Three (3) years.
Field: Customer Service/Administrative
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.