Full-time employment opportunity with a dynamic and multi-faceted resource for economic development in the St. Louis region.
Since 1950, we have partnered with private and public organizations on hundreds of projects that have created thousands of jobs on both sides of the Mississippi River.
BSD operates with a focus on making a positive impact on the region and the nation, better connecting the Bi-State area to the rest of the world. We are impacting neighborhoods, large and small, in Illinois and in Missouri, with investments that are shaped by our unique perspective of the region and its potential.
Why Work Here
- Work for a company that strives to make a positive impact in the region
- Earn competitive salary
- Free access to 8 gyms at our facilities 24/7 with Personal Trainers available
- Discounted memberships with Club Fitness
- Wellness program that provides free health screenings
- Discounted cellular phone service
- Free MetroLink and MetroBus access
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage effective on your 1st day
- 4 weeks earned PTO
- Your Birthday is a floating holiday
- Company sponsored 401(k plan
- Employee assistance program
- Eligible for federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program
The Senior Internal Auditor – Treasury is an advanced professional internal audit position required to perform audits of greater than normal complexity. Work involves the examination and evaluation of management activities to help ensure the reliability and integrity of information; compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations; the safeguarding of assets; the economical and efficient use of resources; and the accomplishment of established goals and management objectives.
- Following budget constraints for audit engagements to ensure all work is completed work in a timely fashion.
- Conducting entrance/exit conferences to ensure that audit objectives have been clearly and completely set forth to the auditee before the audit and to discuss audit findings, recommendations, and comments with auditee.
- Collecting, analyzing, and evaluating data and information pertaining to accounting practices, program operations, financial reporting, and internal controls to gain a firm understanding of all aspects of the auditee to ensure adherence to established policy and procedures.
- Determining cause-effect relationships by identifying and documenting the root cause of problems and inconsistencies.
- Developing recommendations to improve the operations and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of recommendations or other corrective actions implemented by conducting follow-up monitoring activities.
- Performing all fieldwork in a competent and professional manner.
- Preparing work-papers to provide evidential support for findings, observations, and related recommendations.
- Preparing and/or reviewing a detailed audit report including recommendations and comments material and relative to reflect the adequacy of findings and the auditee’s response.
- Performing research of the audit field and public transportation industry to gain knowledge of practices and current events, which might affect the Department or Agency.
- Performing other duties and related work as required.
In addition to the job duties outlined above, this position will dedicate approximately 25% of its time to the review of reports prepared for the Board of Trustees related to the Agency’s Treasury positions. Specific job duties associated with the review are:
- Maintain a working knowledge of the types of investments used in the Money Market.
- Maintain a knowledge of the financial reporting requirements, including financial footnote disclosure, for investments held by a governmental entity.
- Research industry trends to stay up-to-date on new innovations.
- Perform analytical review of incoming and outgoing payments and financial transactions for accuracy.
- Document audit procedures and findings in electronic form.
- Maintain a general working knowledge of hedging operations.
- Analyzing and interpreting financial data.
- Maintain an understanding of data analysis techniques such a regression analysis and Benford Analysis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of modern management theory and practice, with particular emphasis on internal controls and information systems controls.
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of governmental internal auditing, Government Auditing Standards (The Yellow Book), OMB Circular A-133, Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations, Institute of Internal Auditors Professional Standards, and Federal Transit Administration Transit Rail Safety and Security Audit Requirements.
- Knowledge of governmental, non-profit fund accounting.
- Knowledge of forensic and investigative accounting techniques
- Knowledge of Oracle, Kronos, TeamMate+, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the ability to produce statistical analysis, audit reports, and presentations.
- Ability to objectively analyze agency functions, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written audit reports and in oral presentations to Management.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accordance with Metro’s Mission Statement and established policies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials, and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, political affiliation, and/or sexual orientation.
Degree: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree. At least one audit related certification required (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.).
Years: Three-Five (3-5) years’ experience required.
Field: Auditing, Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field.
Field: Previous experience in treasury management, hedging, and financial analysis preferred.
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.