Prep Cook, Riverboats at the Gateway Arch ($11.65/hr + $300 Hiring Incentive)
Prep Cooks are responsible for assisting kitchen staff by setting up workstations and ingredients, properly preparing food, maintaining sanitation guidelines, and completing daily tasks in order to provide meals for guests of the Riverboats at the Gateway Arch and Paddlewheel Café.
- Set up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
- Label and stock food items and other necessary supplies in the Riverboat Galley.
- Prepare food items by washing, cutting, chopping, butchering, mixing, and preparing sauces.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Undertake basic cooking duties, such as reducing sauces and parboiling food.
- Prepare simple dishes, such as salads and entrees.
- Comply with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage.
- Maintain a clean work station area, including kitchen equipment, tables, and shelves.
- Clean and sanitize cooking surfaces at the end of the shift.
- Perform inventory checks and complete food storage logs.
- Maintain adherence to all applicable FDA and St. Louis Health Department regulations.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and guests.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Executive Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for interacting effectively with guests and coworkers.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team.
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques.
- Knowledge of food service health and safety best practices.
- Familiar with general kitchen equipment and appliances.
- If not ServSafe Food Handler Certified, will need to obtain certification on the job.
- New employees are eligible for a $300 hiring incentive (must be on time for all shifts and maintain 20 hours per week)
- $100 received on first, third, and fifth paycheck (payment dates may vary depending on start date)
- All employees receive a FREE Metro Transit pass. Good for unlimited rides on MetroLink and MetroBus.
- Performance, attendance & holiday incentives
- Flexible work schedule
- New employees receive two free tickets, for you and a guest, to the St. Louis Riverfront Cruise. Tickets cannot be sold or given away.
- New employees enjoy a buy one ticket get one free discount for the Skyline Dinner Cruise.