Supply Chain Specialist
Full-time employment opportunity with a dynamic and multi-faceted resource for economic development in the St. Louis region.
Since 1950, we have partnered with private and public organizations on hundreds of projects that have created thousands of jobs on both sides of the Mississippi River.
BSD operates with a focus on making a positive impact on the region and the nation, better connecting the Bi-State area to the rest of the world. We are impacting neighborhoods, large and small, in Illinois and in Missouri, with investments that are shaped by our unique perspective of the region and its potential.
Why Work Here
- Work for a company that strives to make a positive impact in the region
- Earn competitive salary
- Gym Discounts with Club Fitness and OneLife Fitness at Ballpark Village
- 24 hour access to our 9 onsite gyms
- Wellness program that provides free health screenings
- Discounted Cell Phone service
- Free MetroLink and MetroBus access
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage effective on your 1st day
- 4 weeks earned PTO
- Your Birthday is a floating holiday
- Company sponsored 401k plan
- Employee assistance program
- Bi-State Development is an eligible employer for the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program
Provide insight and guidance to all Procurement Service Units and staff. This would include evaluation of current practices and recommendations on enhancements, improvements, and new practices. Provide an overall understanding of how our procurement systems and tools work together and the key data elements that they rely on. Assess new needs and solutions. Promote best practices and adherence to department standards with a focus on improved efficiency, effectiveness and cost reduction.
- Evaluate existing and new Procurement Practices and System Implementations for effectiveness
- Recommend enhancements and improvements to procurement system, strategies, and practices
- Assist with testing and problem solving as needed within all Procurement Service Units
- Advise on alternative procurement methods for items being purchased
- Assist the CPO with research and preparation of management reports as required
- Assist Vendors, Procurement Team, and Procurement customers on proper use and questions about proper use of our Oracle I-Supplier and Sourcing Modules, Oracle I-Procurement and requisitioning, Oracle Inventory and Planning modules, and our Procurement Card Program.
- Oversee our Procurement Card Program, acquisition and registration of new suppliers, and verification of vendor information, with the assistance of a small team.
- Assist Procurement and Information Technology with evaluating/testing patches or upgrades to the Oracle system
- Document or assist Procurement staff in documenting current process/procedures, especially related to systems.
- Serves as the primary procurement contact for all system and technology related projects for the Procurement Division
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Principles and practice of a large scale complex procurement operation
- Federal Transit Administration Procurement Regulations, State of Missouri and Illinois Procurement Codes, the Uniform Commercial Code, and other legal aspects of procurement
- Cost and price analysis principles and techniques
- Business accounting systems and cost accounting principles
- Business terminology and financial mathematical principles
- Experience with the Oracle E-Business Procurement solution, v12.1.3 or newer. Preferred modules include: Purchasing, iProcurement, iSupplier, Sourcing, Inventory, Bills of Material, Work in Process, Advanced Supply Chain Planning, and Cost Management
- Understanding of data flow and data relationships within large complex computer systems
- Principles and techniques of supervision, training, and general administration
- Computer applications pertaining to procurement and business requirements including computerized data organization, retrieval and analysis
- Current technology and trends in the profession
Skills and Abilities to:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of the Procurement Support staff.
- Represent the Agency to private industry, community, and government representatives
- Formulate and administer Agency contracting policy and procedures
- Analyze complex problems and data and logically identify solutions with support of Information Technology team as appropriate
- Provide technical consultation, guidance, and direction to Agency departments on contracting principles
- Establish and maintain effective relations with private vendors, organizations, and federal/state contracting regulators
- Interview, select, train, assign, and evaluate the work of subordinate personnel
- Establish work standards and performance guidelines
- Provide formal classroom training and instruction in contract formulation/administration methods and techniques
- Prepare and give public presentations on the division’s activities, functions and issues
- Maintain mental capacity, which allows the capability of making sound decisions and demonstrating intellectual capacities
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing with a variety of individuals representing diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Establishes effective working relationships with management, employees, employee representatives and the public
- Treat Agency employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public with courtesy and respect
- Function calmly in situations which require a high degree of sensitivity, tact and diplomacy
Degree: BS, BA, Master’s degree or comparable experience.
Years: 3-5 years of professional Procurement Administration experience preferred or comparable experience that demonstrates the ability to manage a staff unit or function
Field: Procurement or related field
Field: Procurement or related field
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.