Galley Worker: Riverboats at the Gateway Arch ($15.00/hr + $500 Hiring Incentive)
Help the Riverboats at the Gateway Arch prepare and present tasteful food to our guests! We are proud to say we have an excellent chef and food preparation team! Come join us on the riverboats and help prepare the meals for our dinner, specialty, private, and sightseeing cruises as well as providing meals for the Paddlewheel Café! Please see the following information for position expectations, skills, and requirements.
- Always have a positive, friendly, and approachable demeanor while having fun!
- Continually exceed guests’ expectations by always having a guest first attitude.
- Be prompt and accountable when you are scheduled to work.
- Follow the dress code by wearing your uniform.
- Avoid dying hair unnatural colors (pink, blue, green, etc.).
- Maintain a professional appearance (no visible piercings).
- Comply with kitchen health, nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Maintain a clean kitchen and food service environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Executive Chef or Lead Cook.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must pass alcohol and drug screening.
- Must pass basic background check.
- Must pass math proficiency questionnaire (located in employee application).
- Must have 6 months experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of and proper performance of Health Department regulations and guidelines
- Ability to successfully present food
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to use knife and cutting board
- Ability to use scale to weigh food
- Ability to properly portion food
- Ability to use ovens, fryers, and stove
- Ability to undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, par boiling food, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen personnel.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 6 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
$500 Hiring Incentive
- 1st payment - $150 following successful completion of 30 days of employment
- 2nd payment - $150 following successful completion of 90 days of employment
- 3rd payment - $200 following successful completion of 150 days of employment
*Employees must work at least 15.5 hours per week to be eligible
- All employees receive a FREE Metro Transit pass. Good for unlimited rides on MetroLink and MetroBus.
- Parking Discount at local garage.
- Discount at Arch Café.
- Discount at Paddlewheel Café.
- Discount at JNPA Stores.
- 2 St. Louis Riverfront Cruise tickets.
- BOGO Discount for Skyline Dinner Cruise.
Typical Summer Season (Memorial Day to Labor Day) Hours of Operation are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Typical Winter Season (Labor Day to Memorial Day) Hours of Operation are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
Busiest Times of the Year:
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Fourth of July
- Last 2 weeks in July
- First 2 weeks in August
- Labor Day Weekend
- Thanksgiving Weekend
- Christmas through New Year's Eve
*It is important to note that although we attempt to be as flexible as possible in scheduling, it is difficult to receive time off around holidays.
Bi-State Development is an equal opportunity/ access / affirmative action/ pro-disabled and veteran employer. Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.