Line Cook: Riverboats at the Gateway Arch ($16.00/hr + $500 Hiring Incentive)
Line Cooks are responsible for properly preparing and cooking food, maintaining sanitation guidelines, and completing daily tasks in order to provide meals for guests of the Riverboats at the Gateway Arch and Paddlewheel Café.
- Set up and stock food items and other necessary supplies in the Riverboat Galley.
- Prepare food items by cutting, chopping, butchering, mixing, and preparing sauces.
- Cook food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
- Perform portion control and minimize waste to keep cost within forecasted range.
- Ensure that all food is prepared in a high quality and timely manner by restocking. ingredients at work station and meeting prep times to ensure smooth delivery.
- Comply with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage.
- Maintain a clean work station area, including kitchen equipment, tables, and shelves.
- Clean and sanitize cooking surfaces at the end of the shift.
- Perform inventory checks and complete food storage logs.
- Maintain adherence to all applicable FDA and St. Louis Health Department regulations.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and guests.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Executive Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
|Strong multitasking and organizational skills. Ability to perform tasks with accuracy, speed, and attention to detail. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for interacting effectively with guests and coworkers. Ability to estimate food item needs and quantities and make accurate mathematical calculations. Ability to understand various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures. Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team. Knowledge of food service best practices and cooking methods. Ability to use general kitchen equipment and appliances. If not ServSafe Food Handler Certified, will need to obtain certification on the job.|
High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred . Certificate preferred.
One (1) year experience as a line or prep cook required.
Food Service Contamination, Culinary Degree.
Food and Beverage Department of hotel, banquet facility, Restaurant or other related venue.
$500 Hiring Incentive
- 1st payment - $150 following successful completion of 30 days of employment
- 2nd payment - $150 following successful completion of 90 days of employment
- 3rd payment - $200 following successful completion of 150 days of employment
*Employees must work at least 15.5 hours per week to be eligible
- All employees receive a FREE Metro Transit pass. Good for unlimited rides on MetroLink and MetroBus.
- Parking Discount on Riverfront Levee
- Discount at Arch Café.
- Discount at Paddlewheel Café.
- Discount at JNPA Stores.
- 2 St. Louis Riverfront Cruise tickets.
- BOGO Discount for Skyline Dinner Cruise.
Typical Summer Season (Memorial Day to Labor Day) Hours of Operation are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Typical Winter Season (Labor Day to Memorial Day) Hours of Operation are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
Busiest Times of the Year:
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Fourth of July
- Last 2 weeks in July
- First 2 weeks in August
- Labor Day Weekend
- Thanksgiving Weekend
- Christmas through New Year's Eve
*It is important to note that although we attempt to be as flexible as possible in scheduling, it is difficult to receive time off around holidays.
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.