Galley Worker: Riverboats at the Gateway Arch ($11.30/hr)
Help the Riverboats at the Gateway Arch prepare and present tasteful food to our guests! Come join us on the riverboats and help prepare the meals for our dinner, specialty, private, and St. Louis Riverfront cruises as well as providing meals for the Paddlewheel Café! Please see the following information for position expectations, skills, and requirements.
- Always have a positive, friendly, and approachable demeanor while having fun!
- Continually exceed guests’ expectations by always having a guest first attitude.
- Be prompt and accountable when you are scheduled to work.
- Follow the dress code by wearing your uniform.
- Avoid dying hair unnatural colors (pink, blue, green, etc.).
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Comply with kitchen health, nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must pass alcohol and drug screening.
- Must pass basic background check.
- Must pass math proficiency questionnaire (located in employee application).
- Must have 6 months experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of and proper performance of Health Department regulations and guidelines
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen personnel.
- Ability to properly portion food.
- Ability to use ovens, fryers, and stove.
- Ability to undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, par boiling food, etc.
- Ability to work in a standing position for up to 6 hours per day.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- All employees receive a FREE Metro Transit pass. Good for unlimited rides on MetroLink and MetroBus.
- New employees receive two free tickets, for you and a guest, to the St. Louis Riverfront Cruise. Tickets cannot be sold or given away.
- New employees enjoy a buy one ticket get one free discount for the Skyline Dinner Cruise.
Typical Summer Season (Memorial Day to Labor Day) Hours of Operation are 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Typical Winter Season (Labor Day to Memorial Day) Hours of Operation are 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
Busiest Times of the Year:
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day Weekend
- New Year’s Eve
*It is important to note that although we attempt to be as flexible as possible in scheduling, it is difficult to receive time off around holidays.
Bi-State Development is an equal opportunity/ access / affirmative action/ pro-disabled and veteran employer. Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.