Part Time Paratransit Dispatcher
Part-time employment opportunity with a dynamic and multi-faceted resource for economic development in the St. Louis region.
25 Hour per week
Hourly Wage: $17.84 per hour
5:00am – 10:00am
6:00am – 11:00am
1:00pm – 6:00pm
2:00pm – 7:00pm
Since 1950, we have partnered with private and public organizations on hundreds of projects that have created thousands of jobs on both sides of the Mississippi River.
BSD operates with a focus on making a positive impact on the region and the nation, better connecting the Bi-State area to the rest of the world. We are impacting neighborhoods, large and small, in Illinois and in Missouri, with investments that are shaped by our unique perspective of the region and its potential.
Responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient transportation of Paratransit customers by reserving customer rides and maintaining on time performance through the use of computer software, radio dispatching, schedule and MDC monitoring.
- Provide on-time performance through two-way radio dispatching and specialized computer software to over 77 tours at once.
- Ensure on-time performance through the use of computer software and interaction with management personnel
- Report and assist with all non-routine incidents, accidents and passenger-related issues.
- Assist customers with service requests, reservations, cancellations, complaints and various trip-related issues.
- Establish efficient routing and scheduling for customers using telephone and specialized computer software.
- Comply with transportation contractual agreements for Medicaid or other contracts if present.
- Prepare precise and complete reports concerning union personnel, customers, incidents, accidents, and reports.
- Enhance and refine schedules for customers and drivers to ensure the most efficient routing and use of the service, allowing for increased service and productivity.
Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of street geography and metropolitan St. Louis, as well as St. Louis County.
- Knowledge of automated reservation and scheduling systems, map book usage, and use of metro multi-modal transportation systems.
- Knowledge of personal computers, Windows 2013 environment, and Office 2013 programs.
- Knowledge of emergency service jurisdictions.
- Knowledge of radio dispatching and Federal Communication Commission regulations.
- Ability to recognize service zones and apply Metro fare structure, as well as, policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with Paratransit Operators and the general public, as well as, various service agencies, caseworkers, and outside providers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions while answering a high volume of incoming telephone and/or radio calls.
- Ability to analyze, and problem-solve for customers and drivers, to maintain safe and efficient operations and on-time performance.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer and driver information.
Degree: High school diploma or Equivalent required.
Years: (3) to Five (5) minimum required
Field: Transportation, Business, Communications
Filed: Customer Service and/or Call Center or Dispatching preferred
For prompt consideration, employees applying for this position must apply online at http://jobs.jobvite.com/bistatedev. Position remains open until filled.
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.