Supervisor of Traction Power Maintenance
Full-time employment opportunity with a dynamic and multi-faceted resource for economic development in the St. Louis region.
Since 1950, we have partnered with private and public organizations on hundreds of projects that have created thousands of jobs on both sides of the Mississippi River.
BSD operates with a focus on making a positive impact on the region and the nation, better connecting the Bi-State area to the rest of the world. We are impacting neighborhoods, large and small, in Illinois and in Missouri, with investments that are shaped by our unique perspective of the region and its potential.
Why Work Here
- Work for a company that strives to make a positive impact in the region
- Earn competitive salary
- Free access to 9 gyms at our facilities 24-7 as well with Personal Trainers available
- Wellness program that provides free health screenings
- Discounted cellular phone service
- Free MetroLink and MetroBus access
- Uniform allowance
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage effective on your 1st day
- 4 weeks earned PTO
- Your Birthday is a floating holiday
- Company sponsored 401k plan
- Employee assistance program
- Bi-State Development is an eligible employer the for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program
First-line supervisor managing the work of electricians and contractors engaged in the troubleshooting, repair, inspection, maintenance, and construction of light rail traction power overhead catenary and traction power substation systems; ensuring that it is maintained to the highest applicable safety, industry, government, manufacturer, and Metro standards.
- Supervises daily activities of electricians. Develops employees so that they are properly trained to safely and efficiently inspect and maintain the Metro Rail System and its associated structures in accordance with all applicable manufacturers, industry, government and Metro standards realizing the best value for each labor dollar.
- Supervises and ensures all inspection reports are completed and filed for the traction power system and other elements related to maintaining a safe right of way for trains.
- Prepares and submits written reports of inspection variances including remediation recommendations to Manager/Superintendent of Traction Power Maintenance.
- Recommends safety procedures and standard practices to ensure maintenance activities proceed safely and efficiently. Support Metro’s Safety program and may serve on the safety Compliance Committee.
- Supervises and executes maintenance projects within schedules and budgets utilizing work windows allowed by operating and staffing considerations (e.g., vacation and holidays)
- Inspect the quality of installed traction power systems and associated documentation, ensuring installation meets all applicable manufacturer, industry, government, and Metro standards.
- Supervises and ensures all inspection reports are completed and filed for traction power system and other elements related to maintaining the traction power system
- Provide internal and external customer service for all persons, contractors, and other Metro departments who interface with Metro’s right of way.
- Monitors maintenance contractors and subordinate performances, takes appropriate actions to correct performance and adjust output to meet Metro requirements.
- Ensure safe operating conditions for traction power and provide safety certification of all operating track. This includes recommending train speed restrictions to management when track conditions warrant.
- Manage material ensuring adequate stocking levels to meet supply demands realizing the best value for each maintenance dollar.
- Performs field inspections to ensure effective implementation of maintenance activities.
- Participate in the grievance process as appropriate and designated in the IBEW/Metro contract.
- Participate in the interviewing and selection process for electricians and make hiring recommendations to Manager/Superintendent.
- Recommend counseling and corrective action disciplinary steps for electricians. Deliver appropriate discipline as necessary.
- Provide support to other Maintenance of Way Departments.
- Assist in special projects and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities
- Knowledge of maintenance practices needed to inspect, test and maintain the catenary and traction power systems.
- Knowledge of railroad/rail transit traction power and catenary systems operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of the impact of track, signals and rail operations on traction power and catenary system operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code and National Electrical Safety Code.
- Skilled at identifying and rectifying traction power system related problems.
- Skilled at evaluating and reviewing traction power specifications and drawings.
- Skilled at managing represented personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to use PC based programs Word, Excel and E-mail.
- Ability to evaluate and implement strategies to efficiently troubleshoot traction power system failures.
- Ability to work in any weather conditions, at any time of day or night. Ability to report for emergency duty 24/7.
- Ability to use PC based programs as Word, Excel and E-mail.
- Ability to obtain a CDL class A license.
- Ability to work in any weather conditions, at any time of the day or night.
- Ability to report for emergency duty 24/7
- Ability to walk at least twenty miles per week over ballast track and uneven surfaces.
Degree: Two (2) year college or technical degree preferred
Years: Minimum (3-5) years required
Field: Electrical Engineering Technology or related field
Filed: Management experience Overhead Catenary and Traction Power, construction, maintenance or related electrical and distribution networks.
For prompt consideration, employees applying for this position must apply online at www.bistatedev.org. Position remains open until filled.
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.