Server: Riverboats at the Gateway Arch ($14.70/hr +$300 Hiring Incentive)
Come help the Riverboats at the Gateway Arch serve their guests in a professional and friendly manner! The Riverboats at the Gateway Arch are looking for servers that can function as part of a team while maintaining a fun and energetic environment for our guests! Join us in serving delicious food to guests on our cruises and at the Paddlewheel Café! To acquire more information about our available serving positions, please see the following information.
- Always have a positive, friendly, and approachable demeanor while having fun!
- Continually exceed guests’ expectations by always having a guest first attitude.
- Be prompt and accountable when you are scheduled to work.
- Follow the dress code by wearing your uniform.
- Avoid dying hair unnatural colors (pink, blue, green, etc.).
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Engage incoming and departing guests in a warm, genuine and friendly manner, answer guest inquiry line, provide directions, and help maintain cleanliness and organization of dock when working as a greeter.
- Maintain an alert, professional posture when not actively engaged with guests.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass alcohol and drug screening.
- Must pass background check.
- Must pass math proficiency questionnaire (located in employee application).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Provide efficient and friendly service to all guests.
- Present food and self in a professional manner.
- Possess knowledge of pricing, menu items, and general cruise information.
- Maintain highest standards of cleanliness.
- Serve cocktails to guests in a friendly manner to ensure an exceptional guest experience.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills.
- New employees are eligible for a $300 hiring incentive (must be on time for all shifts and maintain 20 hours per week)
- $100 received on first, third, and fifth paycheck (payment dates may vary depending on start date)
- All employees receive a FREE Metro Transit pass. Good for unlimited rides on MetroLink and MetroBus.
- Performance, attendance & holiday incentives
- Flexible work schedule
- New employees receive two free tickets, for you and a guest, to the St. Louis Riverfront Cruise. Tickets cannot be sold or given away.
- New employees enjoy a buy one ticket get one free discount for the Skyline Dinner Cruise.
Typical Summer Season (Memorial Day to Labor Day) Hours of Operation are 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Typical Winter Season (Labor Day to Memorial Day) Hours of Operation are 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
Busiest Times of the Year:
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day Weekend
- New Year’s Eve
*It is important to note that although we attempt to be as flexible as possible in scheduling, it is difficult to receive time off around holidays.
Bi-State Development is an equal opportunity/ access / affirmative action/ pro-disabled and veteran employer. Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.