Deckhand: Riverboats at the Gateway Arch ($12.85/hr)
The Riverboats at the Gateway Arch are looking for individuals who are seeking a career on the water! As a deckhand, you will get the opportunity to help maintain the presence of the Becky Thatcher and the Tom Sawyer riverboats. Please see the following details regarding the position expectations, skills, and requirements.
- Always have a positive, friendly, and approachable demeanor while having fun!
- Continually exceed guests’ expectations by always having a guest first attitude.
- Be prompt and accountable when you are scheduled to work.
- Follow the dress code by wearing your uniform.
- Avoid dying hair unnatural colors (pink, blue, green, etc.).
- Maintain a professional appearance (no visible piercings).
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must pass alcohol and drug screening.
- Must pass background check.
- Must pass math proficiency questionnaire (located in employee application).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Properly follow United States Coast Guard regulations in order to maintain cleanly and secured vessels and docks.
- Ability to perform daily responsibilities such as: trash removal, general cleaning of windows, restrooms, carpeting, tables, chairs, pilothouse, decks, and guards.
- Maintain indoor and outdoor presence of the riverboats.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- All employees receive a FREE Metro Transit pass. Good for unlimited rides on MetroLink and MetroBus.
- New employees receive two free tickets, for you and a guest, to the St. Louis Riverfront Cruise. Tickets cannot be sold or given away.
- New employees enjoy a buy one ticket get one free discount for the Skyline Dinner Cruise.
Typical Summer Season (Memorial Day to Labor Day) Hours of Operation are 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Typical Winter Season (Labor Day to Memorial Day) Hours of Operation are 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
Busiest Times of the Year:
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day Weekend
- New Year’s Eve
*It is important to note that although we attempt to be as flexible as possible in scheduling, it is difficult to receive time off around holidays.
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.