Server: Riverboats at the Gateway Arch ($14.70/hr + $500 Hiring Incentive)
Come help the Riverboats at the Gateway Arch serve their guests in a professional and friendly manner! The Riverboats at the Gateway Arch are looking for servers that can function as part of a team while maintaining a fun and energetic environment for our guests! To acquire more information about our available serving positions, please see the following information.
- Always have a positive, friendly, and approachable demeanor while having fun!
- Continually exceed guests’ expectations by always having a guest first attitude.
- Be prompt and accountable when you are scheduled to work.
- Follow the dress code by wearing your uniform.
- Avoid dying hair unnatural colors (pink, blue, green, etc.).
- Maintain a professional appearance (no visible piercings).
- Maintain an alert, professional posture when not actively engaged with guests.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass alcohol and drug screening.
- Must pass background check.
- Must pass math proficiency questionnaire (located in employee application).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Provide efficient and friendly service to all guests.
- Present food and self in a professional manner.
- Possess knowledge of pricing, menu items, and general cruise information.
- Maintain highest standards of cleanliness.
- Serve cocktails to guests in a friendly manner to ensure an exceptional guest experience.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills.
$500 Hiring Incentive
- 1st payment - $150 following successful completion of 30 days of employment
- 2nd payment - $150 following successful completion of 90 days of employment
- 3rd payment - $200 following successful completion of 150 days of employment
*Employees must work at least 15.5 hours per week to be eligible
- All employees receive a FREE Metro Transit pass. Good for unlimited rides on MetroLink and MetroBus.
- Parking Discount at local garage.
- Discount at Arch Café.
- Discount at Paddlewheel Café.
- Discount at JNPA Stores.
- 2 St. Louis Riverfront Cruise tickets.
- BOGO Discount for Skyline Dinner Cruise.
Typical Summer Season (Memorial Day to Labor Day) Hours of Operation are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Typical Winter Season (Labor Day to Memorial Day) Hours of Operation are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
Busiest Times of the Year:
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Fourth of July
- Last 2 weeks in July
- First 2 weeks in August
- Labor Day Weekend
- Thanksgiving Weekend
- Christmas through New Year's Eve
*It is important to note that although we attempt to be as flexible as possible in scheduling, it is difficult to receive time off around holidays.
Bi-State Development is an equal opportunity/ access / affirmative action/ pro-disabled and veteran employer. Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.