Supervisor Light Rail Vehicle Maintenance
Full-time employment opportunity with a dynamic and multi-faceted resource for economic development in the St. Louis region.
Since 1950, we have partnered with private and public organizations on hundreds of projects that have created thousands of jobs on both sides of the Mississippi River.
BSD operates with a focus on making a positive impact on the region and the nation, better connecting the Bi-State area to the rest of the world. We are impacting neighborhoods, large and small, in Illinois and in Missouri, with investments that are shaped by our unique perspective of the region and its potential.
Why Work Here
- Work for a company that strives to make a positive impact in the region
- Earn competitive salary
- Free access to 9 gyms at our facilities 24-7 as well with Personal Trainers available
- Discounted memberships with Club Fitness
- Wellness program that provides free health screenings
- Discounted cellular phone service
- Free MetroLink and MetroBus access
- Uniform allowance
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage effective on your 1st day
- 4 weeks earned PTO
- Your Birthday is a floating holiday
- Company sponsored 401k plan
- Employee assistance program
- Bi-State Development is an eligible employer the for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program
Directs the work of Electromechanics engaged in the repair, maintenance and storage of light rail vehicles and peripheral equipment. Monitors contract employees engaged in the cleaning of light rail vehicles. Reports to the Assistant Superintendent of Light Rail Vehicle Maintenance.
- Plan, direct, coordinates and control the work of employees in the unit; supervise the daily operations of the unit, assuring that a sufficient number of light rail vehicles are ready for service.
- Implement a preventive maintenance program, including the replacement of parts and equipment; provide technical advice and assistance to employees on difficult or unusual problems.
- Maintain safety standards in the unit and instruct employees on safe methods and techniques in performing the work.
- Provide information, instructions and counseling to employees.
- Inspect vehicles and equipment to assure their proper maintenance and safe operating condition.
- Order parts and supplies; prepare reports; conduct first level grievance hearings.
- Interact with outside vendors supplying materials for services to the Agency.
- Ensure vendors are in compliance with the Agency’s specifications.
- Monitor and conduct Quality assurance audits and inspections of light rail vehicle cleaning contractor and other contracted services.
- Meet with the Agency management officials to discuss and resolve issues surrounding the scheduling and maintenance of vehicles.
- Maintain and document maintenance activities.
Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the tools, equipment and supplies used in light rail vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Ability to learn Agency regulations and collective bargaining agreement.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate the work of subordinates implement procedures, rules and regulations and instruct employees on methods and techniques used in vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, collect data, prepare reports and budgets.
Degree: Two-year college or technical highly desirable or equivalent experience
Years: At least five (5) years, desirable.
Field: Electro Mechanical Maintenance or related field.
Filed: Auto or Diesel Maintenance or related field.
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.