Sr. Graphic Designer
Full-time employment opportunity with a dynamic and multi-faceted resource for economic development in the St. Louis region.
Since 1950, we have partnered with private and public organizations on hundreds of projects that have created thousands of jobs on both sides of the Mississippi River.
BSD operates with a focus on making a positive impact on the region and the nation, better connecting the Bi-State area to the rest of the world. We are impacting neighborhoods, large and small, in Illinois and in Missouri, with investments that are shaped by our unique perspective of the region and its potential.
Why Work Here
- Work for a company that strives to make a positive impact in the region
- Earn competitive salary
- Gym Discounts with Club Fitness and OneLife Fitness at Ballpark Village
- 24 hour access to our 9 onsite gyms
- Wellness program that provides free health screenings
- Discounted Cell Phone service
- Free MetroLink and MetroBus access
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage effective on your 1st day
- 4 weeks earned PTO
- Your Birthday is a floating holiday
- Company sponsored 401k plan
- Employee assistance program
- Bi-State Development is an eligible employer for the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for the management, design and electronic production of creative materials in multiple media formats to inform, promote and support organizational initiative and activities.
- Design, create, revise and manage production of internal/external print design and collateral materials, including, but not limited to, brochures; flyers; logos; report covers; newsletters, interior/exterior train/bus advertisement; newspaper advertisement; tickets/passes; handouts; coupons; T-shirts; buttons; plaques; kiosks; promotional items; signage and various other types of printed media
- Ability to navigate and design in the growing landscape of all available communication mediums to create effective graphics elements to share the organization’s messages
- Interpret and design along ADA standards in regards to wayfinding signage and website design
- Identify potential printing solutions and manage the performance of printers and product manufactures.
- Create and maintain graphics standards manual for marketing materials to ensure consistent application of desired image.
- Monitor application of graphics standards manual to ensure compliance with corporate identity guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge and proficiency with graphics equipment, including computer, printers, camera and video
- Knowledge and proficiency of graphics software use for Macintosh OSX Operating System; Creative Cloud including Adobe Photoshop 7.0, Adobe Illustrator 10.0, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Pro; Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Zoom; Slack
- Skilled in pre-press
- Knowledge of ADA standards in regards to signage and website design
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on tight deadlines and to establish work priorities
- Ability to design and produce in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work with all levels of management and staff in developing creative product
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing methods, opportunities and directions
- Skill in application of creative design to apply to various creative requests
- General working knowledge of procurement procedures
- General working knowledge of utilizing an internal printing solution and ability to apply those resources to projects
- Knowledge of budgeting
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledgeable of the emerging and current mediums for creative design and communication (digital skills in web design, video editing and development)
- Experience designing for multiple brands
- Experience in project management software
Degree: BA in Graphic Design, Advertising, Marketing, Communications or related field, plus portfolio
Years: Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience
5-10 years graphic design experience with increasing responsibility for large projects preferred
Field: Graphic Design, Advertising, Marketing, Communication or related field.
Field: Graphic Design, Advertising, Marketing, Communications or related field
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.