Tour Guide, Gateway Arch ($13.75/hr)
What a rush of excitement it would be to work as a Tour Guide 630 feet above ground! The Gateway Arch is looking for enthusiastic individuals who can effectively interact with guests and ensure a memorable visit to the Arch. As a Tour Guide, you will lead groups of up to 40 guests on their Tram Ride to The Top. Please see the following information about being a Tour Guide at the Gateway Arch.
- Always have a positive, friendly, and approachable demeanor while having fun!
- Continually exceed guests’ expectations by always having a guest first attitude.
- Be prompt and accountable when you are scheduled to work.
- Follow the dress code by wearing your uniform.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the Gateway Arch and National Park Service.
- Avoid dying hair unnatural colors (pink, blue, green, etc.).
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Engage incoming and departing guests in a warm, genuine and friendly manner when working as a greeter.
- Maintain an alert, professional posture when not actively engaged with guests.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Must pass alcohol and drug screening.
- Must pass basic background check.
- Must pass math proficiency questionnaire (located in employee application).
- Must have weekend and holiday availability.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Ability to follow a script that engages guests on their Tram Ride to The Top
- Active listening to ensure full attention is given to guests and their current needs
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to stand for 3 continuous hours and up to 9 hours a day
- Ability to walk up and down at least 96 steps on a regular basis
- All employees receive a FREE Metro Transit pass. Good for unlimited rides on MetroLink and MetroBus.
- New employees receive two free tickets, for you and a guest, to the St. Louis Riverfront Cruise. Tickets cannot be sold or given away.
- New employees enjoy a buy one ticket get one free discount for the Skyline Dinner Cruise.
Typical Summer Season (Memorial Day to Labor Day) Hours of Operation are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Typical Winter Season (Labor Day to Memorial Day) Hours of Operation are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
Busiest Times of the Year:
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Fourth of July
- Last 2 weeks in July
- First 2 weeks in August
- Labor Day Weekend
- Thanksgiving Weekend
- Christmas through New Year's Eve
*It is important to note that although we attempt to be as flexible as possible in scheduling, it is difficult to receive time off around holidays.
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.