Ticket Sales Agent, Gateway Arch ($15.00/hr + $500 Hiring Incentive)
Be a part of the Gateway Arch team by working as a Ticket Sales Agent! The Gateway Arch is looking for enthusiastic individuals who can effectively interact with guests and ensure a memorable visit to the Arch. Please see the following information regarding position expectations, skills, and requirements.
- Always have a positive, friendly, and approachable demeanor while having fun!
- Continually exceed guests’ expectations by always having a guest first attitude.
- Be prompt and accountable when you are scheduled to work.
- Follow the dress code by always wearing your uniform.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the Gateway Arch and National Park Service.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Engage incoming and departing guests in a warm, genuine and friendly manner when working as a greeter.
- Maintain an alert, professional posture when not actively engaged in guest transactions.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Must pass alcohol and drug screening.
- Must pass basic background check.
- Must pass math proficiency questionnaire (located in employee application).
- Must have weekend and holiday availability.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiastic tone of voice
- Ability to cross-sell and up-sell Gateway Arch attractions
- Basic computer skills
- Active listening to ensure full attention is given to guests and their current needs
- Ability to manage high volume of work
- Previous cashier experience highly desirable
- Ability to sit for 3 continuous hours and up to 9 hours a day
$500 Hiring Incentive
- 1st payment - $150 following successful completion of 30 days of employment
- 2nd payment - $150 following successful completion of 90 days of employment
- 3rd payment - $200 following successful completion of 150 days of employment
*Employees must work at least 15.5 hours per week to be eligible
- All employees receive a FREE Metro Transit pass. Good for unlimited rides on MetroLink and MetroBus.
- FREE Parking at Local Garage
- Discount at Arch Cafe
- Discount at Paddlewheel Cafe
- Discount at JNPA Stores
- 2 St. Louis Riverfront Cruise tickets
- BOGO Discount for Skyline Dinner Cruise
Typical Summer Season (Memorial Day to Labor Day) Hours of Operation are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Typical Winter Season (Labor Day to Memorial Day) Hours of Operation are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
Busiest Times of the Year:
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Fourth of July
- Last 2 weeks in July
- First 2 weeks in August
- Labor Day Weekend
- Thanksgiving Weekend
- Christmas through New Year's Eve
*It is important to note that although we attempt to be as flexible as possible in scheduling, it is difficult to receive time off around holidays.
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.