Supervisor Bus Fleet (3)
Full-time employment opportunity with a dynamic and multi-faceted resource for economic development in the St. Louis region.
Since 1950, we have partnered with private and public organizations on hundreds of projects that have created thousands of jobs on both sides of the Mississippi River.
BSD operates with a focus on making a positive impact on the region and the nation, better connecting the Bi-State area to the rest of the world. We are impacting neighborhoods, large and small, in Illinois and in Missouri, with investments that are shaped by our unique perspective of the region and its potential.
Why Work Here
- Work for a company that strives to make a positive impact in the region
- Earn competitive salary
- Free access to 9 gyms at our facilities 24-7 as well with Personal Trainers available
- Discounted memberships with Club Fitness
- Wellness program that provides free health screenings
- Discounted cellular phone service
- Free MetroLink and MetroBus access
- Uniform allowance
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage effective on your 1st day
- 4 weeks earned PTO
- Your Birthday is a floating holiday
- Company sponsored 401k plan
- Employee assistance program
- Bi-State Development is an eligible employer the for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program
Manage bus fleet, bus parking assignments and fuel island operations, ensure all buses are accounted for nightly. Supervise the recovery of all buses, ensuring all buses are accounted for, fueled or charged, inspected and receives an exterior cleaning. Supervise contracted cleaning contractor, ensuring all buses receive an interior cleaning and are properly disinfected nightly. Ensure all maintenance defects are tracked in EAM and repairs are coordinate with maintenance. Assure vehicle availability to meet safety and passenger service requirements while maintaining a high degree of quality in the most cost effective manner possible.
- Responsible for all aspects of Fuel Island and Parking Garage operations.
- Responsible for the overall condition of the bus fleet, under the direction of the Superintendent.
- Serve as a maintenance service writer and customer service representative.
- Prepares bus schedules and parking assignment.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance for all fuel island equipment.
- Responsible for the training for all new employees and provide reoccurring training to existing work force.
- Manage fleet mileage under the direction of the Superintendent.
- Maximize equipment availability ensuring buses are not out late due to maintenance defects.
- Ensure PPE vending machine is stocked and monitor and report usage.
- Responsible for supervising pest control contract and mitigation.
- Manage cleaning contractor ensuring all contract expectations are met.
- Perform daily cleanliness inspections and document findings.
- Manage a steady flow through the fueling and cleaning cycle.
- Ensure all buses receive a nightly pre-trip and coordinate with maintenance for repairs. Follow up on all requested repairs ensuring operators request are met.
- Perform pre-trip daily Q/A inspections.
- Develop interior cleaning specifications for future contracts.
- Review Trouble Log each night and ensure all defects reported by operators have been entered in EAM for maintenance.
- Total accountability through Metro’s computer systems for all resources, materials, commodities and resources.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of proper mechanical procedures, methods, tools, and techniques necessary to effect proper repair of a largely diversified fleet.
- Principles and methods used in a program of preventative maintenance.
- Principles of supervision, training, budget preparation, administration and expenditure systems.
- Skills should include organizational; written communication; oral communication; reading; comprehension; troubleshooting; mechanical; teaching; complex problem solving.
- Ability to operate currant electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to research and organize data to develop long-range action plan.
- Ability to react successfully to daily events while maintaining progress toward planned outcomes.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands by internal and external customers.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex mechanical problems. Ability to tolerate loud noise.
- Ability to evaluate, organize and motivate union employees engaged in mechanical repair in an industrial environment.
- Ability to keep abreast of new products, procedures, and changing technology relevant to this position.
- Ability to prepare a budget and use a personal computer and job-related software applications.
- Ability to be on call 24/7 to handle departmental issues.
Degree: Two-year college or technical highly desirable.
Years: Minimum five (5) years required.
Field: Auto or Diesel Technology or related field.
Filed: Auto or Diesel Maintenance or related field.
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.