Full-time employment opportunity with a dynamic and multi-faceted resource for economic development in the St. Louis region.
Since 1950, we have partnered with private and public organizations on hundreds of projects that have created thousands of jobs on both sides of the Mississippi River.
BSD operates with a focus on making a positive impact on the region and the nation, better connecting the Bi-State area to the rest of the world. We are impacting neighborhoods, large and small, in Illinois and in Missouri, with investments that are shaped by our unique perspective of the region and its potential.
Why Work Here
- Work for a company that strives to make a positive impact in the region
- Earn competitive salary
- Free access to 9 gyms at our facilities 24-7 as well with Personal Trainers available
- Discounted memberships with Club Fitness
- Wellness program that provides free health screenings
- Discounted cellular phone service
- Free MetroLink and MetroBus access
- Uniform allowance
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage effective on your 1st day
- 4 weeks earned PTO
- Your Birthday is a floating holiday
- Company sponsored 401k plan
- Employee assistance program
- Eligible for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program
Preparation of the Paratransit Division’s monthly statistical reports related to employee performance data in the Call Center, the Division Director’s support data for the monthly statistical data for the Division, Operator payroll, trip editing, maintenance of Van Operator data files and operator assignments in the routing and scheduling software. Supervision and direction of other clerical staff as needed.
- Generate reports and letters for customers through utilization of the scheduling software application
- Collect and record operational data by entering data into computerized systems; compile data in hard copy and computerized form, present data in spreadsheet tables, charts and other forms; calculate statistical measures from data.
- Collect data from daily van operator logs and enter into the division's scheduling system; calculate mileage and hours from van operator daily runs and record information.
- Maintain and analyze information on passenger trips, including trip reservations not kept, and make reports on ridership, operational statistics, passenger suspensions, accidents and roadcalls.
- Collect statistical data necessary for the Agency's FTA Section 15 Reporting. Prepare data on ridership, miles, trip time and trip length and other associated statistical performance measures in formats prescribed by FTA.
- Maintain and update the computer system database files for paratransit operations; keep daily routes, vehicle assignments, driver assignments and other key databases updated. Prepare key operational forms for daily operation assignments.
- Maintain the division's Operations Management Access Database with all Operator information including tour, run and present status. Prepare all run pick materials and update the database with all tour changes after every run pick. Update the PASS Dbase database using Mbase to maintain all daily Operator assignments and other associated operational forms using Excel, review and verify the accuracy of the data.
- Answer all inquiries from the general public concerning Paratransit operations and policies.
- Screen and distribute calls to appropriate personnel.
- Record and assist in customer contacts or complaints and problem resolution.
- Answer the Call-A-Ride Customer Assistance Line/Reservation Line and assist customers with trip booking, information and cancellations as appropriate.
- Assist with trip edits and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer and driver information.
Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are needed to assist customers with the No-Show/Cancellation policy implementation.
- Ability to learn paratransit van operations as they pertain to schedules, miles, hours and ridership.
- Ability to analyze statistical data and assimilate into a useful computer format.
- Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient in all key office software systems, such as Word, Excel, Access, Dbase and Mbase.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and interact effectively with staff, van operators and customers.
- Experience with various pieces of office equipment.
Degree: High school diploma or G.E.D. required. College degree preferred.
Years: Three (3) to Five (5) minimum required.
Filed: Clerical/Customer service
For prompt consideration, employees applying for this position must apply online at http://jobs.jobvite.com/bistatedev.
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.