BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin’s Finance Department is seeking an experienced and versatile Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis to collaborate with and support the financial planning and analysis efforts of the Corporate FP&A organization. The candidate will be a key partner with FP&A Team, providing detailed monthly reporting and accounting/close support as well as ad hoc analysis for senior executive and board presentations. This role will execute all aspects of budget and forecast development, long range plan input, and consolidation, as well as support of key process improvement projects. In this fast-paced role, you will interact with cost center managers throughout the organization to meet our deliverables.
Leadership Behaviors required:
· Results Oriented
· Strategic Thinker: Able to make recommendations and take a big picture approach while executing ongoing forecasting and reporting work across the G&A function
· Support Decision Making: Ability to support decisions through analysis and influence; must be flexible, quick-learner and adapt quickly to company’s rapid pace of growth and change
· Support quarterly forecast and annual budget/LRP processes by collecting, reviewing, and inputting headcount, capital, and operating expense data into Hyperion or other planning tools
· Consolidate planning inputs, and develop summary reports for review and validation
· Support ongoing and ad hoc business and operational analysis
· Be liaison between operational groups and Accounting team
· Support ongoing business process/accounting process improvements
· Collaborate with business partners to develop budgets, forecasts, and Long Range Plans
· 2-4 years of experience in Finance and Accounting
· Experience with Enterprise level Accounting and Planning software required; Essbase, Hyperion Planning strongly preferred
· Strong Excel skills required, including use of pivot tables, lookups, etc.
· Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
· Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
· Strong analytical and modelling skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Pharma/BioTech Finance experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business/Economics or other relevant field
MBA preferred, but not required.
No Specialized equipment requirements for this position.
Position will interact with other Finance staff, with Accounting staff, and with cost center managers and staff in the Administrative areas including Legal, Compliance, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Management
No supervisory responsibility
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.