Manager, North America Commercial Analytics and Contracting
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Manager, North America Commercial Analytics and Contracting is responsible for ensuring the tactical effectiveness of the sales operations in Canada and the US. This individual will support decision-making by delivering consistent and accurate analyses and reports partnering with Sales Forecasting and Analysis, Business Intelligence, Finance, Market Access and Sales leadership in Canada and the US. This individual will also support the contracting process with managed care and distribution partners in the US and Canada partnering with Specialty Trade and Distribution and Legal.
- Proactively leverages analytics and insights development to inform decision-making and trade-off scenarios
- Integrates data and information from various sources to validate, process, provide analysis and reporting on portfolio of managed care contracts.
- Develops and maintains models for impacts of copay program implementation of all therapies as well as ownership of the administration of the current copay programs and vendor management.
- Develops and maintains models for accruals partnering with internal and external teams
- Supports management of distribution partner in Canada by ensuring data integrity and reconciliation of sales and inventory data
- Partnering with leadership team in Canada and Finance, oversees government rebates program, including invoicing and reconciliation
- Assists internal teams in development of metrics and materials for business reviews with distribution partners and vendors, including KPIs and scorecards to track partners for contract compliance
- Engages with stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure quality of data in all reports, by problem solving and ensuring implementation of solutions
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders including other functional areas (market access, sales forecasting and analysis, brand teams, sales, business intelligence, legal, compliance, finance, IT) and external service providers (3PL, Hub, data aggregator, copay administrator, distribution partners)
- Ensures that distribution partner agreements are executed and kept current to support product launches and existing commercial business by facilitating internal input, review and executive approval
- Develops & maintains templates for agreements, term sheets, and process maps
- Maintains partner agreements and other partner related data and critical files in information management environment (Office 365)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Science discipline required
- MBA or advanced degree beneficial
- 3+ years of increasing experience in analytics in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry required
- Requirement to work “hands on” with data and analytical tools. Advanced Excel skills. SQL, Tableau, Power BI experience preferred.
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and significant time pressures in a highly matrixed organization with non-co-located teams
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) required along with strong project/process management skills
- Strong modelling and forecasting skills
- Ability to work with others to set strategic direction and implement long term solutions to positively influence business
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, paired with strong partnering and performance consulting skills
- Up to 15% of travel within the US and Canada required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.