Senior Account Manager, PKU – Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia and Pittsburgh
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The PKU Account Manager is responsible for maximizing sales of BioMarin commercialized products in their area. They must maintain a high level of education on disease, promote Palynziq awareness, good organizational, analytical, problem solving, and customer management skills are required. Demonstrated ability to gain the cooperation of others by utilizing excellent communication skills is required. Focus on coordination of care with excellent follow-up is essential. Individual must be flexible and adaptable to new situations with sensitivity to the potential constraints of a dynamic commercial organization. Must be goal oriented with the ability to meet and surpass aggressive but achievable sales targets. Demonstrates a high standard of performance and compliance in the organization.
- Achieve territory sales goals, market penetration, and profit targets on a quarterly & annual basis.
- Create and implement an effective territory business plan to guide strategy, outline specific tactics, increase disease awareness, increase product education, and track progress throughout the year.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all key customers including Target HCPs, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Dietitians, Genetic Counselors and ancillary staff.
- Proficient communication with external customers and internal stakeholders both in person as well as via virtual platforms.
- Provide leadership through example to fellow PKU Account Managers.
- Demonstrate sound fiscal responsibility within assigned territory.
- Actively participate in business planning meetings, disease awareness efforts, and professional society meetings as assigned. This will include some weekend commitments.
- Become an expert in PKU and Palynziq data and be able to verbalize its significance to others.
- Provide field insight to internal business partners as to the clinical practices of assigned accounts.
- Demonstrate leadership within internal teams, with ability to influence without authority.
- Act in compliance and adhere to all company compliance policies assigned to the PKU Account Manager.
- You will represent BioMarin and our commercial values: Patient centricity, innovation, ethics, respect, accountability, and continuous learning. All actions and behaviors will be guided by these values.
- Ability to manage a multi-state territory with diverse customer base.
- Overnight travel is required and will range from 40%-70% depending on the geography and business needs of the individual territory. Occasional weekend work required.
- Remote selling is required. Candidates must possess the ability to communicate with customers through virtual meeting platforms. This skill is critical to job performance as virtual selling methods include clinic meetings, internal account team calls and patient education meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-7 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries.
- 3-5 years of experience in biotech/specialty sales involving high cost products.
- Sales experience within hospitals and academic institutions.
- Prior work with orphan-disease products.
- New product launch experience, ideally in naïve markets.
This is a remote position. Territory: Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia and Pittsburgh
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.