Research Assistant, Sample Coordinator
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Primary responsibilities will be to support sample tracking, sample submission, and sample testing coordination for the Analytical Sciences group. This position involves documentation of samples received for analysis from QC, Manufacturing, and other groups within Process Sciences and coordinating with the proper personnel in Analytical Sciences to perform analytical assays with adherence to strict timelines. This position will require efficient and effective communication to Scientists and analysts within Analytical Sciences, client groups within the company, and contract labs outside the company.
The other major responsibility for this position will be to help facilitate data tracking for data generated for lot release and stability evaluation of clinical batches of drug substance and drug product tested by Analytical Sciences. This person will also help enable GxP data recording into the company Electronic Notebook and/or Labware LIMS.
Other duties assigned to this position may include:
- Research into sample management tools to stream-line sample submission and tracking processes as well as increase sample management accuracy.
- Implementation of sample and/or reagent tracking tools for Analytical Sciences.
- Other duties as assigned by manager and needs of the department.
- Needs to be extremely organized and proficient at multi-tasking different projects.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent collaborative skills to work in a cross-functional environment.
- Proven flexibility and execution skills to deliver in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other basic software programs.
- Experience in computer science or programming.
- Data analysis, interpretation and scientific communication skills.
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical development is a plus.
Desktop or laptop computer work is a major component of the job. Position also involves working in laboratory facilities and contact with chemicals and biologics. The employee will be trained to minimize exposure to hazards.
- Four-year degree and 0-2 years relevant experience
- Or Associates degree and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience in lab processes and procedures is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.