Core Team Leader (CTL), Lysosomal Storage Disease Franchise
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Core Team Leader, Lysosomal Storage Disease Franchise, Product Portfolio Development
Product Portfolio Development (PPD) is responsible for BioMarin’s corporate and R&D governance, business operating model (core teams and sub-teams) and portfolio strategy. PPD integrates overall product strategy and ensures planning and timely execution to inform decision making and development of therapies and life cycle strategies at BioMarin.
Core Team Leader (CTL) Lysosomal Storage Disease Franchise:
CTL is the product champion and leads a team of core functional leaders that together help develop product and life cycle strategy for BioMarin’s Lysosomal Storage Disease portfolio consisting of four marketed products. CTL is the primary liaison between team/sub-teams and executive management and has overall accountability to executive management (CEO and CEO leadership team) for the integrated product strategy. In collaboration with core team (CT) members, the CTL ensures progress and execution against plans and as the leader of the CT is the primary contact for internal stakeholders. This role will serve as the primary contact driving value maximization and ensuring completion of post marketing requirements for the LSD franchise. As a senior leader in the core team leader group, is a role model, mentors peers and contributes to key core team processes and initiatives.
- Program Strategy
- Lead the CTs in the generation of key drivers and cross-functional lifecycle strategy taking into account global considerations.
- Partner closely with brand team leaders to ensure alignment and execution of strategies to maximize global value.
- Ensure potential risks are identified and contingency planning with a solutions focused mindset.
- Team Effectiveness
- Ensure cross functional partnerships and resources are leveraged effectively, and with accountability, to achieve program and franchise objectives.
- Drive collaboration and transparency across all functions on the CT and challenge team members to be broad and inclusive in their strategy planning.
- Resolve conflicts at the Core Team, provide and receive feedback to develop and maintain a high performing team and if necessary escalate team member performance related issues to functional management
- Governance and Approvals
- Ensure that team recommendations are brought to appropriate governance for management buy-in and decisions
- Ensure alignment of program strategy/plan/execution with management expectations & priorities
- Ensure robust business case evaluations for new drivers and activities and present CT position for decision making at various governance bodies.
- Single point of contact for LSD franchise for integrated product level strategy
- Ensures communication of rationale and context for decisions made to team
- Leads team in developing a comprehensive internal and external communication plan with team input for important program milestones, key data, etc.
- Reviews and agrees to publication plan, reviews publication concepts, presentations and manuscripts
- Primary source for information as needed for external communications (press releases, investor related, etc.)
- Reviews health authority related documents and ensures consistency with strategic objectives for the program
- In partnership with Project Management Lead, CTL ensures
- Timely progress and execution against strategy and plans
- Timely and aligned input into drivers for LRP and Budget process
The successful candidate will ideally have an advanced degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Ph.D. or M.D.); M.B.A. is a plus.
- 12+ years experience in the biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry. Ideally, the individual will have experience in drug development in rare disease or across several therapeutic areas
- Experience as a leader of product or compound strategy teams or sub-teams. Experience leading a core/cross functional strategy team for a commercial product is preferred.
- The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong leadership ability and professional credibility to influence a highly intelligent and sophisticated audience of colleagues, partners, and external constituents.
- This individual must be a self-starter and possess excellent leadership, influencing and communication skills, as they will be applied at all levels
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.