Associate Director, Global Market Entry and Business Operations
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Global Market Entry and Business Operations is the central functional interface between BioMarin headquarters functions and global commercial functions in support of country and product operational launches and the creation and management of BioMarin’s global partnerships. The Senior Manager/Associate Director role advances the global commercialization efforts through the management of the Global Market Entry and Business Operations team to facilitate cross functional project management activities encompassing planning, execution, and follow-up.
Management and oversight of the Global Market Entry and Business Operations Team that supports country-level plans for market entry and existing business operations for BioMarin’s commercial therapies. The team’s tasks include:
- Assess country and business partner support needs with international field sales leads
- Identify risks, matters or changes to the regional commercial strategies and work with the relevant stakeholders to resolve them
- Assess new market entry plans, new product launch plans and major business changes within existing markets and obtain endorsement from senior management across all functions
- Ensure appropriate due diligence of each prospective business partner is performed and requirements from internal stakeholders are addressed
- Ensure that business partner agreements are executed and kept current to support product launches and existing commercial business. Facilitate internal input, review and executive approval
- Develop & maintain templates for agreements, term sheets, and process maps
- Maintain partner agreements, partner training records and other partner related data and critical files in Global Operations information management environment
- Management of the market entry process including leading the market entry team and conducting regular reviews of the process and the market entry plans with cross-functional leadership teams and executive management
- Collaboration with other groups in the organization including Global Marketing, Market Access, Regional Commercial Operations, Pipeline Commercialization, Product Development, Global Medical Affairs, Supply Chain, Legal, Compliance and Finance in order to ensure alignment on market entry plans
- Periodic review of relevant policies, business processes and SOPs including process implementation
- Minimum 6 years of related experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, including experience working in and driving cross functional planning and interactions
- Minimum 6 years experience leading and managing a team as well as leading cross-functional projects and teams
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations to working teams and senior and executive management
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, problem solve, obtain consensus and positively influence all levels of business across multiple departments
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications and strong ability for using document management systems and database applications
- Proficiency in a foreign language preferred
Bachelor in Business, Arts or Science, MBA beneficial but not required
Job requires 20%-30% travel
Ability to be flexible and energetic in a dynamic work environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.