Procurement Operations Analyst
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin is seeking a Procurement Operations Analyst (US) to join the Global Procurement Operations team. This person will own the administration, configuration and maintenance of Coupa, as well as provide end-user training and troubleshooting. You will get to manage a team of outsourced Buyers and be the go-to person for everything related to the indirect procurement process at BioMarin. As a subject matter expert on the procurement process, you will have the opportunity to help drive new initiatives and support BioMarin’s exciting growth.
- Coupa Administration
- Understand the configuration of Coupa and maintain optimal end-user experience by assessing stakeholders needs, recommending solutions, and making system changes as necessary
- Support ongoing maintenance of Coupa by updating workflows, profiles, custom reports, webforms, etc.
- Own the Coupa release/upgrade process by assessing new features, making recommendations to leadership, leading UAT and implementation
- Outsourced Management
- Lead our outsourced team’s daily operations, training, and performance against SLAs
- Act as the go-to person for exception handling and question/issue resolution
- Build and maintain procurement dashboards, metrics and KPIs
- Analyze data and proactively surface issues, suggestions and inferences
- Act as the go-to person for procurement related data/reporting inquiries
- Assess the training needs of end users and develop/enhance training materials, design a training schedule and deliver effective training
- Own and maintain the procurement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Update and maintain the procurement internal website and content library
- Maintain proper SOX controls and documentation
- Serve as the liaison for all internal and external audit requests
- 4+ years of experience in Procurement, Accounting or related field
- Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain or related field
- Coupa experience/Coupa Certification desired
- Advanced knowledge and experience in reporting and analytics (Excel, OBIEE, Power BI)
- Excellent interpersonal skills - this role will partner with many different stakeholders globally
- A "can do" attitude - ready to provide possible solutions in what is a dynamic and evolving environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.