Inventory and Supply Specialist
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Inventory strategy, management and all other supply chain inventory activities to ensure accurate flow of SKUs received, stored and available for timely dispatch throughout BioMarin’s network of DCs globally. The role includes relationship building, working across functions to implement supply chain efficiencies that result in 100% Inventory accuracy.
- ERP reconciliation to reflect inventory status, location and Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) integrity, including cycle counting program and inventory transfers both internal and CMOs (Contract Manufacturing Operations).
- Design and generate regular analytical reports, monitoring trends towards continuous improvement initiatives and benchmarking in relation to Inventory management.
- Capacity analysis, forecast planning, supply and inventory management
- Verify SOP adherence through quality system records for investigations, (root cause analysis and remediation focus), CAPAs, deviation management and change control through Trackwise.
- Contribute to MBR/QBR agendas, delivering on agreed minuted strategies and actions.
- Compliant with AEO and C-TPAT standards and issue risk assessment reports
- Issue Work Instructions for Clinical and consumables Aged stock and manage associated costs
- Audits/site tours/spot checks/partner preparedness standards – GDP
- SOX standards application and adherence
- Global finished goods inventory management (both clinical and commercial)
- Distribution Partner oversight
Desired 8 years of industry experience and 5 years in a similar role
- Skilled at complex problem solving
- Presentation skills
- Project management
- Other desired competencies include:
- Self confidence in capabilities and knowledge while being open to new ideas
- Self-motivated and takes responsibility for performance
- Pursues objectives persistently despite obstacles and setbacks
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment
Minimum a degree in supply chain management, life sciences, business or equivalent.
- Experience in global, supply chain, temperature-controlled pharma industry
- ERP Systems - Oracle or other.
- Quality Management – Trackwise or other.
- Lean and or Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt) background preferable
Minimum requirement of 5+ years of industry experience and 3 years in a similar role.
Required skills needed to accomplish the responsibilities/essential functions include:
- Warehouse/ transportation experience in controlled temperature logistics (cold chain) processes
- Investigations/Root Cause Analysis skills
- Quality Management – Trackwise / Master Control or other
- Report generation and analysis
- Monthly/Quarterly business reviews (M/QBR), setting and monitoring KPIs with partners
- Strong background in global Good Distribution Practices (GDPs),
- ERP systems and reconciliation
- Oral and written communication and Cross-functional team building skills
- Risk assessments and corrective actions
- Auditing skills or experience in presenting during audits/regulatory inspections
- AEO and C-TPAT
Travel - approximately 15%
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.