Senior Systems Administrator
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The System Administrator IV provides networking and systems administration expertise for BioMarin systems primarily from BioMarin’s Novato, CA campus. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for ensuring that systems are functioning properly, within the design and security specifications established by IT, and that all applicable policies, processes, and procedures are properly communicated and followed.
This is a senior-level role that will also participate in the design and implementation of strategic systems and services, and provide 3rd-tier problem resolution for issues escalated from other IT support groups.
The qualified candidate will demonstrate extensive to moderate experience in supporting the following systems / areas
Extensive experience with VMware 6.x/5.x environments:
- Management of host VM’s in a SAN-based, clustered, HA environment.
- Performance monitoring and management.
- Problem remediation for ESX servers, vCenter, and related VMware technologies.
- Backup, Replication, and Disaster Recover.
- Extensive experience with Windows Server OS and related technologies:
- AD design, architecture, sustainability and support.
- GPO design, architecture, sustainability and support.
- DHCP, DNS, FRS, architecture, sustainability and support.
- Extensive experience with disaster recovery, data retention, and comprehensive backup and recovery systems.
- Extensive experience with monitoring tools and systems (e.g., SolarWinds, Nagios, ThousandEyes).
- Moderate experience working in complex networked environments;
- Thorough understanding of WAN/LAN troubleshooting and support.
- Cisco-based switching, routing, and wireless.
- Project and problem management, including effectively identifying and communicating goals, risks, stakeholders, timelines, options, and costs.
- Experience preferred with Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Documentation Practices.
- Experience preferred supporting 24/7 critical manufacturing environments.
- Familiarity with Manufacturing Automation platforms.
The candidate will also be responsible for contributing to the overall strategic direction for key infrastructure projects.
Additional responsibilities include coordinating with BioMarin service providers and partners, resolving escalated technical requests, and collaborating with other IT personnel on departmental projects.
This person will be a key part of infrastructure project design and implementation and partner with internal and external groups and vendors to make sure that IT initiatives within BioMarin are completed successfully.
The Systems Administrator IV reports to the Associate Director, Qualified Infrastructure and Operations.
Education and Other Professional Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- VCP, MCSE, or equivalent industry certifications preferred.
- Building and executing project plans working closely with customers and IT to understand and manage project expectations.
- Project experience involving technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development and deployment.
- Provide accurate information at an appropriate level of complexity to staff in order to facilitate understanding and effective use by network/systems users.
- Provide a high standard of customer service and follow through staff inquiries and questions from commencement to resolution in a timely and professional manner.
- Plan and manage their own work in a complex, changing environment in order to meet set objectives and deadlines.
- Contribute to the success of the team by developing and utilizing effective lines of communication with other members and providing support to others as needed to ensure cohesion and consistency in approach. Additional Responsibilities as required:
- Provide support for other offices, as required by the needs of IT, including support for offices in Europe, Asia, and South America.
- Prepare documentation and training to support IT and related processes.
- Ability to support a 24x7x365 operation, including participation in monthly maintenance patching and updating activities.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.