BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This position functions within the Corporate Real Estate & Workplace Department and is responsible for providing administrative support related to real estate and workplace planning. Highly motivated professional who can effectively operate in a dynamic, fast paced business environment, must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be team-oriented and maintain a positive attitude while providing support. Individual must be a self-starter, driven, demonstrating proactive/action oriented abilities.
- Oversees and manages CREW’s project documentation and coordinates documentation revisions and distributions
- Coordinates and schedules meeting and communication plan(s) regarding projects among team.
- Works with Legal, Finance and Corporate Communications on contract administration & processing, accounting, financial reporting and CREW related companywide announcements
- Coordinates and obtains vendor quotations for processing. Coordinates change orders with consultants and vendors
- Enters project information data (i.e. project status updates, schedule updates, capital project financial reports and forecasts, cash flow projections, budget reallocations, accruals asset service placement) and project documentation into project management technology tools (software applications, web-based tools, job cost accounting tools)
- Processes documentation for project commitments (i.e. Agreements, Contracts, Work Authorizations, Purchase Orders)
- Other duties may be assigned
- Understanding of project coordination processes, procedures and standards
- Knowledge of workplace planning and design programming methodologies is preferred
- Intermediate skills with project management software and Microsoft Office Suite products
- Professional, organized, detailed oriented, self-motivated, proactive, independent, dependable and flexible in changing deadlines and priorities
- Exceptional judgment and strong interpersonal skills to be comfortable, effective and persuasive in dealing with colleagues and employees
- Strong problem solving-skills; demonstrated ability to responsibly deal with issues/problems as they arise or ask for assistance from the appropriate resource
- Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills, write routine reports and correspondence and respond to general inquiries or complaints from end-users, colleagues, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to competently take direction, execute assigned tasks, comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have 1-2 years administrative and project coordination experience (in a corporate real estate or facilities environment a plus).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required
- Background but not limited to: project management, construction management, architecture or project strategy planning is desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.