Account Manager - Hemophilia Gene Therapy - New York/Upstate/Connecticut
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
At BioMarin, we aspire to lift the voice of the hemophilia community the same way they inspire us to keep researching and moving toward the exceptional with science. We celebrate the people we serve and in the face of obstacles, BioMarin sees opportunity. The BioMarin team is dedicated to pursuing change in hemophilia treatment through the ingenuity of our gene therapy research. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Account Manager, Hemophilia Gene Therapy will focus on both pre-launch preparations and post-launch activities for BioMarin’s Gene Therapy for Hemophilia A, if approved, and currently being evaluated in a Phase III clinical trial.
This position requires a mix of strategic agility, business acumen, project management, sound judgment and ethics, empathy for the hemophilia community and an ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have hemophilia and/or rare disease selling experience, combined with competitive launch experience with a disruptive technology.
The Account Manager is responsible for maximizing sales for the hemophilia business unit at BioMarin. They must maintain a high level of knowledge on the disease state, work closely with Hemophilia Treatment Centers (HTC), Institutions, HCPs and Patient Advocacy Groups and Chapters (local, state, regional). These activities include site readiness, to include working with multiple departments/stakeholders and coordination of the gene therapy infusion. This will require account management, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills. Individuals must be flexible, and adaptable with sensitivity to the potential constraints of a start-up division. Must be goal oriented and accountable for their individual performance, while acting in a professional and compliant manner.
The Account Manager will be responsible for:
- Achieving area sales objectives, market penetration, market share, and revenue targets on a quarterly & annual basis
- Driving demand through clinical selling and education on gene therapy for hemophilia.
- Creating and implementing an effective business plan to guide strategy, tactics and track progress.
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with all key stakeholders including: HTC’s, Institutions, Hematologists, state/local/regional Patient Advocacy Groups, and any potential treater/staff for Hemophilia A.
- Actively participating in disease awareness efforts, gene therapy awareness through professional society meetings (local, state, regional), as assigned.
- Working with other members of the Hemophilia franchise team, and facilitating appropriate collaboration with other functions, such as MSLs, Market Access team and other internal stakeholders, as needed.
- Becoming an expert in the clinical data and verbalizing its significance to all stakeholders.
- Proactively providing business insights to internal partners as to the clinical practices of assigned accounts.
- Acting in compliance within a highly-regulated industry and consistent with training, policies, guidelines, and their own best judgment while adhering to all company policies assigned to the Hemophilia Account Manager position.
- Preferred: currently working in the Hemophilia market
- At least 5 years of sales experience in biotech/rare disease involving high cost products that are technically challenging
- At least 5 years of sales experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries that include account-based selling within hospitals and academic institutions
- Experience in new product launches preferably with a disruptive/transformative technology
- Experience in a role that works directly with patient advocacy organizations
- Bachelors degree required.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as needed, since many HCP and patient education events occur during these times.
- Depending on territory, must have the ability to manage a multi-state territory with diverse customer base.
- Overnight travel is required and will range from 20%- 50% depending on the geography and business needs of the individual territory.
This is a remote position. This territory covers New York, Upstate New York, and Connecticut.
This is a home office position
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.