BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Perform Project Controls tasks in accordance with BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC. policies & procedures. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
A. Project Scheduling & Progress Measurement for the Strategic, Global Non-MAR and Novato MAR portfolios.
- Work with Project Managers and stakeholders to develop integrated master schedules for proposed budget projects and long-range planning projects using Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software.
- Work with Project Managers and stakeholders to resource load schedules and develop resource demand projections.
- Work with Project Managers and stakeholders and coordinated with suppliers and contractors to identify long-lead items and expediting strategy. Track key and long lead items in schedules.
- Conduct schedule meetings to review project critical path activities, near critical path activities, schedule progress, 4-week look ahead, schedule constraints, assumptions and forecast.
- Conduct interactive planning sessions to develop and establish schedule baselines.
- Update and maintain project schedule progress.
- Verify alignment of P6 Milestones with corresponding OPPM records.
- Assess schedule deviations. Recorded scope changes and highlighted bottlenecks which could impact work progress.
- Conduct schedule analyses to highlight and communicate potential risks and opportunities and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Report on key events driving any schedule deviation from the baseline.
- Assist Strategic Planners in compiling reports and dashboards for key projects.
- Develop Project Risk Assessment(s) and conduct Primavera Risk Analysis (PRA) for Strategic projects for selected projects in portfolio.
B. Capital Financial Planning (budget/long-range) for Phases 1 & 2
- Track, forecast and report spend profiles for capital projects utilizing Oracle Primavera Portfolio Management (OPPM).
- Collaborate with Strategic Planners and Capital Project Managers to establish and regularly update project lifecycle milestone dates (planned, actual and forecast).
- Assist with capital plan reports to include current year & future project spend metrics.
- Assist Capital Business Management (CBM) with portfolio management analysis.
Required Skills & Experience
- Oracle Primavera P6 and Oracle Project Portfolio Management (OPPM)
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience.
- Knowledge of project controls (cost & schedule management) methods and tools.
- Commercial management experience for all project phases: preconstruction, construction, commissioning & validation.
- Proven track record in developing cost estimates at both conceptual and detailed levels.
- Proficient in progress measurement / earned value techniques for project controls purposes.
- Experience developing integrated project schedules
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within project teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Bachelor's Degree Required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.