Director, Channel Management & Operations
Director, Channel Management & Operations
This position reports directly to the Senior Director, Channel Strategy and Management and job responsibilities are primarily U.S. focused. This position is responsible for managing the Channel Distribution operations team in support of marketed products in the U.S. The individual will lead operations related to the distribution channel working with Channel partners such as, Specialty Pharmacies, wholesalers, specialty distributors contracted to distribute BioMarin manufactured products This individual is the key channel operational contact between Managed Markets, Market Access, Patient Services, RareConnections, Marketing, Sales Operations and BMRN’s channel network. He/She ensures the interfaces between Rare Connections, Sales Operations, and our Channel partners is maintained at a high level. The individual will work with Market Access and Patient Services management on channel effectiveness and will collaborate on the development of appropriate systems and processes to manage related information closely with the channel partners, and stakeholders.
- Manages the channel operations team and mentors’ personnel at the San Rafael location and is on-site lead for Sr. Director.
- Ensures contract compliance and leads operations updates/output in quarterly business review meetings with specialty distribution partners
- Oversees channel partners’ performance to drive high customer satisfaction by using key performance-based metrics. Assists with the development & monitoring of channel partner quality initiatives and KPI metrics inclusive of data and operational scorecard measurement to evaluate and transparently measure the service levels provided to our customers: patients and clinics.
- Conducts regular meetings with all internal & external stakeholders to refine channel partners programs, assess areas of improvement, educate on channel operational limitations, mitigate solutions, and maintain good rapport.
- Ensures CRM review, with channel operations team, and internal data operations, for timely analytics by both Specialty Pharmacy and RareConnections (“RC”).
- Collaborates on the implementation and management of BioMarin pipeline product launches. Key lead for new launch products, as well as, channel network expansion/consolidation and documents in Share Drive. Oversight of process flows, program design for interactions between RareConnections, SP and BMRN, to lead launch implementation team and provide strategic input.
- Provides analytics on channel, HUB and Sales Operations data reports, delineating trends and anomalies, interpreting implications. Manage and implements programs and policies as related to field operations for SP improvements.
- Monitors, with Payer team, the reimbursement environment by tracking payer initiatives and associated commercial distribution implications. Assesses and monitors BioMarin needs related to specialty distribution partnerships and distribution access through Payers and our HUB.
- Responsibility for select direct accounts for program execution, and operations. Meet with key customers on a regular basis and review key metrics and propose new programs to increase retention and patient and clinic satisfaction.
- Tracks, measures, and advises on SP HUB triage per policy and payer barriers at RareConnections
- Evaluates and supports compliance and adherence programs with key channel partners that increase retention and persistency to our therapies. always Maintains high integrity and executes on the duty to report suspicious activity with good judgement.
- Ensures strong and effective business relationships with Market Access and Patient Support services team, Marketing, Payer, and internal IT/Sales Ops. Participates in franchise lead meetings. Is an effective and strong collaborator. Possesses advanced cross functional project management skills and manages work/initiatives from concept to implementation.
- Leads oversight for the weekly/bi-weekly patient status meetings or conference calls with channel partners to synchronize on program indicatives, opportunities for operational efficiencies, mitigation of customer dissatisfaction and/or operational gaps, and management of program KPI/Metrics.
- Ensures distribution program related to Patient Assistance Program or other free drug programs is implemented and managed in an effective and compliant manner working through the SP and with RareConnections. Responsible for referral to shipment reconciliation process in partnership with the business intelligence team and data aggregator.
- Responsible for external and internal communications regarding channel changes, updates and operational changes. Must be experienced with strong change management skills.
- Manage and adhere to corporate policies and practices.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Five plus years in people management of high performing teams
- Eight plus years of commercial experience with a biotech company in the Specialty Pharmacy /Channel Access area preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience in customer service, distribution management, or contract management required
- Minimum of three years experiences in HUB management and reimbursement knowledge is strongly recommended
- Experience with distribution methods and channels with Specialty Pharmacy and wholesalers is required
- Superior interpersonal, analytical, organizational, presentation, and communication skills are required
- Excellent skills using Sales Force platforms, Visio, Tableau, Power BI and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) required
- Travel 35%